Can cars drop off passengers without paying for parking?

OK. Title says it all really. If my Dad wanted to drop me and my friend off at Magic Kingdom (for example) does he have to pay for parking or can he go to the entrance, drop us off and then leave?
Also, we are staying offsite and have a breakfast reservation at the Contempoary. Can we park in the hotels carpark even though we are not guests?
Thank you :)

coltow

You can park at hotel if you have a reservation. They usually will limit how long your car can stay there so that people don't park there all day. Not sure if the MK has a drop off zone, but you can tell them you are going to visit one Poly and get dropped off there and take monorail

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

Just tell the people at the toll plaza you have a hotel reservation and they'll let you in. Then park at either the contemporary and (walk) or the Polynesian, or Grand Floridian and take the monorail. At the entrance to the hotel just tell them you're eating in the restaurant, etc.

Upvote 0

PhoenixSpirit

Original Poster
Just tell the people at the toll plaza you have a hotel reservation and they'll let you in. Then park at either the contemporary and (walk) or the Polynesian, or Grand Floridian and take the monorail. At the entrance to the hotel just tell them you're eating in the restaurant, etc.

Thank you, that's good. But what happens if I don't have a reservation? Does my Dad still need to park in order to let us in, or is there some sort of dropping off zone?

Upvote 0

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
You can't get dropped off at the Magic Kingdom...only resort buses go to the Magic Kingdom. The closest you could get would be the Ticket Transportation Center (TTC) and from there transfer to either the monorail or ferry to the Magic Kingdom main gate.

However...if you already have breakfast reservations at the Contemporary, you can walk from there or take the monorail right from there. No need for you to go to the TTC.

Upvote 0

sbkline

In order for your Dad to even get the car to where he could drop you off, he would first have to go through the parking booths and pay for parking. As others have said, guests can't even drive up to the Magic Kingdom, so the option for a regular guest would be to go to the TTC. From there you can take the monorail, the boat or the trams, but before you can even get to that point, he would have to pay for parking.

But as others have said, you could just have your Dad drive you to the Poly, Contemporary or Grand Floridian and drop you off there and you could then take the monorail over. Or if you would prefer a boat ride, he could drop you off at the Wilderness Lodge and you could take a boat over, or a bus, for that matter.

Upvote 0

wizards8507

Okay this is all wrong.

You don't have to pay for parking. You can get dropped off at the TTC for free or right at the gate for any of the four theme parks. You do NOT have to pay for parking at the TTC (or anywhere) if you're getting dropped off. I've done this personally at all four parks. There's different colored lines (green and yellow I believe) painted in the road. One is for buses, and one is specifically designed for cabs and people getting dropped off.

Again, I've done this myself several times. You go to the toll plaza and they tell you where to go.

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

there is a guest drop off area. it's just before you get to the poly (and on the same side of the road). it IS NOT right up front where the buses park. 2 years ago i traveled as a chaperone for a large number of competitive cheerleaders and we had a mom with a suburban drop us off there...i drew the shorter stick and took 8 teen age girls to mk for 4 hrs on our first night there.

Upvote 0

wizards8507

there is a guest drop off area. it's just before you get to the poly (and on the same side of the road). it IS NOT right up front where the buses park. 2 years ago i traveled as a chaperone for a large number of competitive cheerleaders and we had a mom with a suburban drop us off there...i drew the shorter stick and took 8 teen age girls to mk for 4 hrs on our first night there.

Okay this is all wrong.

You don't have to pay for parking. You can get dropped off at the TTC for free or right at the gate for any of the four theme parks. You do NOT have to pay for parking at the TTC (or anywhere) if you're getting dropped off. I've done this personally at all four parks. There's different colored lines (green and yellow I believe) painted in the road. One is for buses, and one is specifically designed for cabs and people getting dropped off.

Again, I've done this myself several times. You go to the toll plaza and they tell you where to go.

You don't need to go to the Poly or the Contemporary or anywhere else.

Upvote 0

wizards8507

From the Mom's Panel, as added evidence.

When you pull up to the parking entrance at the Magic Kingdom, simply tell the Cast Member what you are doing, and they will direct you to Guest Drop Off/Pick Up. It is near the taxi stand at the Ticket and Transportation Center, and you have to keep a keen eye when you return to pick them up since the sign is kind of small. Once they exit your car, the kids will need to proceed to the monorails which will take them to the Magic Kingdom. Remember to tell them that once their day is done, they will keep right after they exit the TTC to find the Guest Drop Off/Pick Up area. (Tell them to look for the taxi's if they forget!) Of course, make sure they have a fully charged cell phone before they leave you! Have a wonderful day and a seamless drop off and pick up at the Magic Kingdom!

Upvote 0

Jakester

When you get to the Magic Kingdom Parking Booth, Ask where drop off is (should be free) and they'll tell you where to go. it is between the TTC Tram Drop Off and the Poly. then you just Either Ferry or Monorail to Magic Kingdom.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

But as others have said, you could just have your Dad drive you to the Poly, Contemporary or Grand Floridian and drop you off there and you could then take the monorail over. Or if you would prefer a boat ride, he could drop you off at the Wilderness Lodge and you could take a boat over, or a bus, for that matter.

You can take boats from the Grand Floridian and Poly too...or from the TTC

Upvote 0

disneyrcks

Okay this is all wrong.

I will second this....when you pull up to the toll booths they will tell you which color line to follow for the drop off. We have done this also several times. As far as parking at the hotel, you can just tell the security guard that you are there to shop, dine or whatever and you can park. We have pulled into hotels before just to look around and the security guards (parking attendants) had no problems with it.

Upvote 0

disneyrcks

In order for your Dad to even get the car to where he could drop you off, he would first have to go through the parking booths and pay for parking. As others have said, guests can't even drive up to the Magic Kingdom, so the option for a regular guest would be to go to the TTC. From there you can take the monorail, the boat or the trams, but before you can even get to that point, he would have to pay for parking.

Just tell them at the booths that you are getting dropped off and they will not charge you for parking. They will give you further instruction on how to get to the drop off point. As everyone has pointed out the MK is a little different due to the TTC but regardless they will not charge you for parking at any of the booths if you are just being dropped off.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom