Can anyone help?

DiPSU224

Original Poster
Hi everyone!
I'm so confused! I'm getting married to a Canadian citizen in May. We are going to be living in the Philadelphia area when we're married. I'm supposed to be filing papers for a "fiance visa" to give him some sort of visa into the country. It is so confusing, I have no idea what I'm doing. The person who is supposed to be helping me with this is someone affiliated with my local congressman, except she is no help at all.

I know this is a stretch, but has anyone been through anything like this before? I'm so stressed out and afraid that it isn't going to be able to go through in time for our wedding. Last I spoke with her in April she told me we had to time it out so we would be married within a 90 day window of the visa being approved and I should wait until December to file. I spoke with her today and now she is telling me we are late and are going to be cutting it close to the wedding.

Anyway, I was hoping for a small chance that someone has some experience with this as I'm so afraid I'm going to do it wrong. We just bought a house so between this, the house, Christmas, and planning a wedding, I feel like my head is going to explode! :p

Any help would be soooo greatly appreciated!

e4ymod

I have never been in that situation and I can only imagine how stressful it must be. However, I have some friends that went through something similar and I might be able to contact them and find out more for you. What questions do you have exactly so that I can pass it onto them.

SteelerGirl86

llllucky

i wish i could help you but i just want to tell you that you are lucky and im jealous. Canadian boys are wonderful..just look up sidney crosby..(im guessing you have heard of him since you live in PA too :) congrats tho!!

Uponastar

Hi from one Philly girl to another!
My first impulse was to tell you to contact all your local politicians and ask for help. Since your congressman's office isn't suiting your needs, move on to state representatives and senators.
Secondly, I googled "fiances visa's" for you and came up with a question and answer page that might be helpful:
http://www.lawyers.com/lawyers/A~1011361~LDC/K+FIANCE+VISA.html
There are also a lot of lawyers who deal with fiance Visa's. It shouldn't be too hard to find one in your area.
Hope this helps!

DiPSU224

Original Poster
e4ymod said:
I have never been in that situation and I can only imagine how stressful it must be. However, I have some friends that went through something similar and I might be able to contact them and find out more for you. What questions do you have exactly so that I can pass it onto them.

Thanks for the reply! I was just wondering how long it took and wanted to make sure that I have everything I need (photos, letters of intent that we plan to marry, birth certificates). I'm concerned about him being able to travel for our honeymoon to Disney of course. Any answers would be great!

i wish i could help you but i just want to tell you that you are lucky and im jealous. Canadian boys are wonderful

thanks! i'm not familiar with sidney crosby, but is he a hockey player? my christopher is a hockey player...it seems they all are up there....

Hi from one Philly girl to another!
My first impulse was to tell you to contact all your local politicians and ask for help. Since your congressman's office isn't suiting your needs, move on to state representatives and senators.
Secondly, I googled "fiances visa's" for you and came up with a question and answer page that might be helpful:
http://www.lawyers.com/lawyers/A~101...ANCE+VISA.html
There are also a lot of lawyers who deal with fiance Visa's. It shouldn't be too hard to find one in your area.
Hope this helps!

Thanks for your help! In my little panic attack I never thought to google it. I used the link that you posted and I'm seriously thinking about contacting a lawyer to help us out. I also found some helpful sites with info. I wrote down every question I had and am calling my contact person tomorrow. I'm not giving up until I get all my questions answered from her!
I am praying that this works out. We've been together for 5 years this December so it's been a long time for us to be apart. We just can't wait to be married and together. If anyone else has anything, let me know! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom