Can ADULTS on the DDP order off the Kids Menus?

JimboJones123

Original Poster
I was wondering if Adults can "order down" and get something from the kids menus? Would this be only possible at TS or CS or both?

I couldn't "see" a problem with it, but then again, you never know.

Yes, I do understand the "value lost" issue.

I'm deciding if it's worth -- IF there is free dining -- upping the age of one of my kids to add more menu options.

slappy magoo

Sooooooo...it's not enough that you might get to eat for free, you want more dining options, too? :lol:

Oh, but you only want to take added advantage of the free offer SOME of the time. I'm sure WDW will appreciate that. Play your cards right, they might even thank you with some free resort mugs. :ROFLOL:

On-topic, the only thing I can think of that might prevent a resturant from letting an "adult" order from the kids' menu is if the resturants are so micromanaged, they have to account for all meals ordered and all meals prepped. Otherwise, I'd guess that, even if the computer system would not allow a kids meal to be purchased on an adult's dining plan, either the manager could overrride that decision, OR they'd fudge the numbers by putting the least expensive adult meal on your tab, but delivering your child the meal that was actually requested. After all, I'm sure some 10 or 11 year olds who can pass for much younger will at times get fussy and rather get something from the kids' menu. And after all, that IS the tragic glandular problem with your young'un, right? Older than (s)he looks, but sometimes has to have a chicken nugget or mac and cheese fix?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I would imagine that they would. If you have a medically necessary reason, they definately do, unless its a character buffet or dinner show..

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Sooooooo...it's not enough that you might get to eat for free, you want more dining options, too? :lol:

No, just some dining options. Imagine 14 days of Chicken Fingers (sorry nuggets), burgers, hot dogs, and Mac and Cheese. That's all. Nothing more. Tell me this wouldn't be worth a $35 ticket upgrade from child to adult?

slappy magoo

Originally Posted by slappy magoo
Sooooooo...it's not enough that you might get to eat for free, you want more dining options, too?

No, just some dining options. Imagine 14 days of Chicken Fingers (sorry nuggets), burgers, hot dogs, and Mac and Cheese. That's all. Nothing more. Tell me this wouldn't be worth a $35 ticket upgrade from child to adult?

Well, to be fair to me, my favorite person, what I wrote after you snipped my quote was:

"Oh, but you only want to take added advantage of the free offer SOME of the time. I'm sure WDW will appreciate that. Play your cards right, they might even thank you with some free resort mugs."

Look, you're just going to have to forgive me, but I think it's funny as Hell that Disney offers this ridiculously good promotion, and there are still people who wind up saying "Hey, you know what would make it better?" Reminds me of the prison guard in The Shawshank Redemption griping that he just inherited some money, but after taxes he'd be lucky to have enough to get a car. Free money's just never enough for some folk.

In any even, if your "scam du annee" doesn't work, try going to more buffets, where no one pays attention to who eats what (or you can always take more from the adult table and pass it along), and when you're not doing buffets, go halfsies with the kids, let them have some of your entree, and you rock half the mac and cheese.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I was wondering if Adults can "order down" and get something from the kids menus? Would this be only possible at TS or CS or both?

I couldn't "see" a problem with it, but then again, you never know.

Yes, I do understand the "value lost" issue.

I'm deciding if it's worth -- IF there is free dining -- upping the age of one of my kids to add more menu options.
The short answer would be yes. Anyone with the adult dinning plan can order from the kids menu however someone with the kids DDP can not order from the adult menu.

kasey1988

I was wondering along the same lines, i wouldnt be going during free dining so i would be paying out of pocket for the adult dining plan, but i eat a small breakfast and was just wondering if i could choose the childrens option (you know the yummy little mickey waffles with bacon and strawberrys?) and still be abele to use my adult credit for it?

I wouldnt be doing this for sit down meals, i would be ordering from the adult menu for those!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The ways the numbers work out it will almost always be better to pay cash for the kids meal and save the adult TS credit for an additional TS meal or a 2 credit signature meal.

kasey1988

The ways the numbers work out it will almost always be better to pay cash for the kids meal and save the adult TS credit for an additional TS meal or a 2 credit signature meal.

I wouldnt be using it for the ts, just cs... i would be using the ts for adult meals..
Im not sur ei understand what your saying though, do you mean like buy the childs meal out of pocket, then save that CS for maybe lunch or late night meal bak at the resort??

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I wouldnt be using it for the ts, just cs... i would be using the ts for adult meals..
Im not sur ei understand what your saying though, do you mean like buy the childs meal out of pocket, then save that CS for maybe lunch or late night meal bak at the resort??
I was referring to the scenario of using an adult TS credit to buy a child's TS meal. It can be done but at an average price of less that $10 for the child's meal it would be better to pay out of pocket for the child's meal and use the adult credit later in your trip. For example let's say on night one dad is not all that hungry so he orders off the kids menu and pays cash for it. Next night mom does the same thing. On night three both mom and dad have an extra TS credit so they go to can go to California grill, a signature restaurant requiring 2 TS credits.

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Originally Posted by slappy magoo
Sooooooo...it's not enough that you might get to eat for free, you want more dining options, too?

Well, to be fair to me, my favorite person, what I wrote after you snipped my quote was:

"Oh, but you only want to take added advantage of the free offer SOME of the time. I'm sure WDW will appreciate that. Play your cards right, they might even thank you with some free resort mugs."

Look, you're just going to have to forgive me, but I think it's funny as Hell that Disney offers this ridiculously good promotion, and there are still people who wind up saying "Hey, you know what would make it better?" Reminds me of the prison guard in The Shawshank Redemption griping that he just inherited some money, but after taxes he'd be lucky to have enough to get a car. Free money's just never enough for some folk.

In any even, if your "scam du annee" doesn't work, try going to more buffets, where no one pays attention to who eats what (or you can always take more from the adult table and pass it along), and when you're not doing buffets, go halfsies with the kids, let them have some of your entree, and you rock half the mac and cheese.

You know, some people just avoid double coupon day at the grocery market too.

slappy magoo

You know, some people just avoid double coupon day at the grocery market too.

aaaaaaand some people will try to redeem coupons for products they're not buying (what, doesn't Coke OWN Pepsi?), or for the right products but in the wrong amounts (ooooh, it's 3 dollars off for THREE boxes of Cheerios! Uh, so do I get $1 off for ONE box of Cheerios? Oh, it says no right on the coupon?) :lol:

I dunno, my analogy seems more...APT...somehow.

Look, if WDW lets you do what you want to do, more power to ya. I just wouldn't budget my vacation around it definitely happening. Just because you might not be able to think of a reason why they wouldn't let you doesn't mean they don't have one. And since they're running the joint, you'll have to expect and accept any reason, even if it's "just because."

I just happen to think free dining is a pretty dandy promotion for those who can take advantage of it, and it's funny to have someone essentially saying "yeah...but...I want even more." Feel free to keep justfying your desire to keep gaming the system, and I'll keep chuckling.

FWIW, I'll also be happy if you get what you want. Provided, you know, you're cool about it. Don't want to read news reports about a jimbo jones being carted off property shouting "WHAT! I PAID FOR AN ADULT TICKET! WHAT'S THE BIG EFFIN' DEAL?!?!?!"

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
aaaaaaand some people will try to redeem coupons for products they're not buying (what, doesn't Coke OWN Pepsi?), or for the right products but in the wrong amounts (ooooh, it's 3 dollars off for THREE boxes of Cheerios! Uh, so do I get $1 off for ONE box of Cheerios? Oh, it says no right on the coupon?) :lol:

I dunno, my analogy seems more...APT...somehow.

Look, if WDW lets you do what you want to do, more power to ya. I just wouldn't budget my vacation around it definitely happening. Just because you might not be able to think of a reason why they wouldn't let you doesn't mean they don't have one. And since they're running the joint, you'll have to expect and accept any reason, even if it's "just because."

I just happen to think free dining is a pretty dandy promotion for those who can take advantage of it, and it's funny to have someone essentially saying "yeah...but...I want even more." Feel free to keep justfying your desire to keep gaming the system, and I'll keep chuckling.

FWIW, I'll also be happy if you get what you want. Provided, you know, you're cool about it. Don't want to read news reports about a jimbo jones being carted off property shouting "WHAT! I PAID FOR AN ADULT TICKET! WHAT'S THE BIG EFFIN' DEAL?!?!?!"
I do not know why this surprises you. I am sure you have heard the phrase give em an inch and they will take a foot. Regardless of what it is people will always want a little extra. Just wait until you are in the midst of a cookie negotiation with your child in a few years.

slappy magoo

I do not know why this surprises you. I am sure you have heard the phrase give em an inch and they will take a foot. Regardless of what it is people will always want a little extra. Just wait until you are in the midst of a cookie negotiation with your child in a few years.

yeah, but there's an extra dimension to this sort of greed. To me, it reads like "sure I want more then I deserve, more than what most people get, but at least I'm honest about it. That's gotta be worth something, right?" :lol:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
yeah, but there's an extra dimension to this sort of greed. To me, it reads like "sure I want more then I deserve, more than what most people get, but at least I'm honest about it. That's gotta be worth something, right?" :lol:
I agree. Nothing irks me more than people complaining about free stuff. When I was at the garden grill back in December the chef's there were testing some new BB-Q ribs. Naturally they were giving them to every table. A woman seated next to us (we were on the lower deck they were on the upper) did not like them and demanded that they be replaced with something else not on the menu.:brick:

New2WDW

On another note....If you up your kids age in order to get the Adult Free Dining you will also be charged for an Adult Ticket Fee - so be careful there!

slappy magoo

On another note....If you up your kids age in order to get the Adult Free Dining you will also be charged for an Adult Ticket Fee - so be careful there!

He already knows that, it's in his next post on the thread: "Tell me this wouldn't be worth a $35 ticket upgrade from child to adult? "

I'm just saying, when you're already getting something for nothing, I don't know how comfortable, personally, I'd feel, saying "I want more than the freebies you're offering. Look I'll PAY this much more, but then I EXPECT *THIS* much more. We got a deal or what?"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom