Can a member of your party use your fast pass?

JohnD

I think the bottom line is this: Valid admission for each member of the party to get into the park is a must. If Grandma decides that SM isn't for her, go ahead and use her MB to ride while she waits. The FP+ is already scheduled.

Ray3127

Thanks for the replies.

Like I said, I'm paying for 3 park tickets, which entitles us to 9 total Fastpasses. I think it's more than fair for my family to use those 9 Fastpasses as we wish, especially since my wife is pregnant and unable to participate in several of the rides where the Fastpasses are most useful. I don't really see an ethical question/issue there. But since Disney's "official" policy prevents that, I was asking for clarification on how it works in practice. Apparently Disney doesn't really enforce this (in addition to so many other policies, like you mention, larryz).

I didn't ask the question "because it seems wrong, and part of me knows that"... I believe Disney's policy is flawed and asked about a suitable workaround. And if the 'ethics police' wants to read me the riot act, have at it! Disney is a giant corporation that consumes a sizeable percentage of my annual income. If I want to flip a few Fastpasses around so my family of three can get a little more enjoyment out of our one day at Magic Kingdom, I think that's more than fair. I don't believe that's a bad "lesson to teach my child"... but thanks for the parenting advice, I guess.

Though this was my first post, I've been a frequent reader and have found immeasurable help on these boards in planning past trips. This was the first time I couldn't find my *exact* issue previously covered, and given the official response I received I thought it was a good one to share.

Thanks again!

Minnie1986

I had this same question today; my wife is pregnant so she will not be able to go with me and my son on a few of the coasters. SDMT, BTMRR, Tomorrowland Raceway, Splash Mountain, and the Barnstormer are the ones we want to go on that have a pregnancy advisory. Between me, my wife, and my son, we have 9 total FP selections. It would make the most sense to set up 6 of those for my son and I to use on the rides my wife cannot go on, then use the final 3 traditionally so we can each go on a quieter ride together (such as Jungle Cruise). I asked Disney about this, and here is their response:

FastPass+ eligibility is non transferable. You are able to book FastPass+ selections for your wife for other attractions during the times you and your son have your FastPass+ selections so she is able to enjoy a ride at the same time that you are!

This runs contrary to the advice posted on this forum. It is also kind of silly to think that my wife is going to go on attractions alone without the two of us.

So, would you advise that we set up the FP+ selections as I would like to, and simply switch bands a couple times? Could she simply scan her band and let one of us go in her place?

I sort of understand the policy, but I feel like I'm paying for 9 FP+ reservations when I buy the tickets, so I don't think it is an appropriate policy and don't believe it is 'cheating' if we try to work around it.

Comments and thoughts appreciated--thanks.
Make the FP reservations as if your wife were not pregnant and just switch bands. That's legal jargon they are required to post. I almost guarantee no cast members will stop you.

Cosmic Commando

It is also kind of silly to think that my wife is going to go on attractions alone without the two of us.
This part just seems silly to me... you're ditching her to go on the cool rides, so why wouldn't she go on an attraction or two? She's already alone (as alone as a pregnant woman can be); it's not as if she'd be disappearing from your group randomly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom