Can’t seem to be able to book Palo brunch…

Maelstrom Troll

Original Poster
Hi everybody, my wife and I were on the computer ASAP whenever our window opened up to do excursions and other things. However, we soon found that we were able to book everything except for Palo brunch. We could do Remi brunch which we aren’t really all that interested in doing but Palo seems unavailable, or at least unable to be booked. The site of course recommends that we call the hotline, which we may eventually do but as for now I’m trying to avoid being on hold for two hours. Has anybody else experienced this? Also we noticed that most of the San Juan excursions are now off the options list. Anybody know anything about that?
thanks!

ChuckElias

How close are you to your sail date? It's possible, if you're within a few weeks, that Palo reservations are filled. But if your window just opened up, I think that's unlikely. I hate to say it, but I didn't have any trouble with either of our Palo bookings when we sailed in April. I can only suggest that you keep trying, which isn't much help.

But what I will add is that even if you are unable to make the reservation online, there's still a VERY good chance that you can get a reservation by going up to the restaurant on Embarkation Day and asking what's available. They always hold some slots open for people who couldn't reserve online.

Maelstrom Troll

Original Poster
How close are you to your sail date? It's possible, if you're within a few weeks, that Palo reservations are filled. But if your window just opened up, I think that's unlikely. I hate to say it, but I didn't have any trouble with either of our Palo bookings when we sailed in April. I can only suggest that you keep trying, which isn't much help.

But what I will add is that even if you are unable to make the reservation online, there's still a VERY good chance that you can get a reservation by going up to the restaurant on Embarkation Day and asking what's available. They always hold some slots open for people who couldn't reserve online.
We are 98 days out. We are guessing it is some kind of computer glitch and are checking daily.

Tony the Tigger

We are first-timers, so the last window. It's opening up Tuesday night at midnight, and the thing I'm hoping for the most is Remy on the last night (our actual anniversary.) I hope that's somewhat realistic! If we don't get it, I'll book what I can and will definitely keep checking and try on board. Other than that, I'll take Palo any night and either brunch any day.

For now, I'm getting a bon voyage champagne, roses, and fruit & cheese plate for embarkation day!

Maelstrom Troll

Original Poster
We are first-timers, so the last window. It's opening up Tuesday night at midnight, and the thing I'm hoping for the most is Remy on the last night (our actual anniversary.) I hope that's somewhat realistic! If we don't get it, I'll book what I can and will definitely keep checking and try on board. Other than that, I'll take Palo any night and either brunch any day.

For now, I'm getting a bon voyage champagne, roses, and fruit & cheese plate for embarkation day!
I don’t think you’ll really have any problems getting Remy, we’ve never had a problem. The only time we’ve ever seen people get turned away is when they showed up at the front door expecting to eat without a reservation. We went to Remy on our 10th and then 15th anniversaries and it’s really an amazing time. Palo is also really great we’re just hoping to be able to book a brunch sometime this trip. I think my wife is going to call tomorrow and wait and see if we can get. will keep you all posted.

Which cruise are you going on Tony?

Tony the Tigger

I don’t think you’ll really have any problems getting Remy, we’ve never had a problem. The only time we’ve ever seen people get turned away is when they showed up at the front door expecting to eat without a reservation. We went to Remy on our 10th and then 15th anniversaries and it’s really an amazing time. Palo is also really great we’re just hoping to be able to book a brunch sometime this trip. I think my wife is going to call tomorrow and wait and see if we can get. will keep you all posted.

Which cruise are you going on Tony?
9/5/22 four nights Bahamas (Dream.) Our 15 year anniversary is the last night (9/8.)

And thank you for your encouraging response!

Maelstrom Troll

Original Poster
So we’ve tried pretty much every day since posting and are still getting the same message. In the end we just decided to Remy brunch instead. I think will keep trying but every time we try to call we get hung up on disconnected or are we just never reach any staff. I’m a little disappointed and the customer service, it definitely isn’t typical in our experience.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
So we’ve tried pretty much every day since posting and are still getting the same message. In the end we just decided to Remy brunch instead. I think will keep trying but every time we try to call we get hung up on disconnected or are we just never reach any staff. I’m a little disappointed and the customer service, it definitely isn’t typical in our experience.
I'm sure you will not be sorry to have Remy brunch instead. I vastly prefer Remy brunch over Remy dinner, and honestly even over Palo brunch.

Do take the champagne upcharge. It's worth it.

Maelstrom Troll

Original Poster
I'm sure you will not be sorry to have Remy brunch instead. I vastly prefer Remy brunch over Remy dinner, and honestly even over Palo brunch.

Do take the champagne upcharge. It's worth it.
Thank you for your advice! Only thing was I was really going to try to avoid bringing a suit coat on this trip, is the dress code more relaxed at brunch? The website is a little vague when it comes to this.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Thank you for your advice! Only thing was I was really going to try to avoid bringing a suit coat on this trip, is the dress code more relaxed at brunch? The website is a little vague when it comes to this.
It is more relaxed at brunch, even the waiters change their dinner time penguin suits for short sleeve button-down shirts.

You’ll be fine in a pair of slacks and a collared shirt.

Maelstrom Troll

Original Poster
It is more relaxed at brunch, even the waiters change their dinner time penguin suits for short sleeve button-down shirts.

That was my suspicion. We love doing Remy for dinner, but this time we’re spending quite a bit more on port experiences (and maybe shopping if I find a watch 😀) so we’re tailoring back a little bit on other things.

Maelstrom Troll

Original Poster

Sorry if this is a repetitive question but we are doing our planning and pack lists. Is a crisp, untucked, short sleeve and slacks/ nice shoes acceptable? I dont know why this is stressing me out 😂

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Sorry if this is a repetitive question but we are doing our planning and pack lists. Is a crisp, untucked, short sleeve and slacks/ nice shoes acceptable? I dont know why this is stressing me out 😂
That should be fine.

And if it makes you feel any better, we are starting to pack.for our Alaska cruise on the Wonder, and my husband is agonizing about what shoes will be acceptable for Palo dinner! 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom