Camping...question...

Seabasealpha1

So...

I know there are other places online to sort-of find this information, but I wanted to ask my forum people too.

Basically, this summer we're going to pull an unexpected weekender at WDW...we're going to drive down from Indiana and we've decided that we'd like to camp at Fort Wilderness. We've never done this. I see on the website that there is a limit of one vehicle per campsite. Here's where I have the issue I'm asking about...

My cousin, who lives in Quincy, will be camping with us in the tent, and will be driving over to meet us/stay with us. So...

What can I do with his vehicle for the weekend? We're going to be at MK and EC basically over the weekend and we'll depart Monday morning to get back to Indiana. I've seen elsewhere online that there's like a three hour limit for visitors at the parking lot. Is there somewhere else we can park him over the weekend or ? Thoughts? Solutions?

Thanks in advance y'all.

Diesel Dan

As long as your Cousin is a registered guest you can leave the second vehicle at the lot near check in. The nice benefit of staying at FW is you can have up to 10 guests on one site. Have a great time!

Upvote 0

s8film40

There shouldn't be a charge. I don't think they are even set up to charge for parking. It has been quite a while since I've been there so may not hurt to call and confirm though.

Upvote 0

Seabasealpha1

Original Poster
There shouldn't be a charge. I don't think they are even set up to charge for parking. It has been quite a while since I've been there so may not hurt to call and confirm though.
Roger that. I tried calling yesterday, but didn't have 40 mins to spare to wait for an agent! haha!

Upvote 0

docdebbi

anyone can park at fort wilderness if you have a reason. staying onsite is the best reason, you can also park shorter term for hoop de doo, barbecue, canoeing, horseback riding, archery, eating............the list goes on. there is no charge

Upvote 0

Seabasealpha1

Original Poster
Sooo...Ice...tell me about ice sales at the campground...I'm looking at a ridiculous way to keep our tent cool...but this requires a lot of ice...trying to figure up what this may cost me...lol

Upvote 0

Driver

Sooo...Ice...tell me about ice sales at the campground...I'm looking at a ridiculous way to keep our tent cool...but this requires a lot of ice...trying to figure up what this may cost me...lol
I would say ice price is average to anywhere else. Other things to consider are bugs. It's hot they happen, not implying you will have a problem just throwing thoughts out there. Typically Disney does a good job keeping skeeters down but they exist.

Upvote 0

Driver

I can't imagine how hot sleeping in a tent in Florida in the summer would be. Good luck with that!
I was thinking the same thing but was struggling to say it without being negative. But seeing how you bring it up LOL!!! Maybe I was beating around the bush by mentioning the skeeters.

Upvote 0

TARDIS

we use a window ac unit that we attached to our tent.That and a fan and we stay cold all night, day however is a bit more difficult but hang by the pool for that time :)

Upvote 0

Seabasealpha1

Original Poster
Yeah we run it all night. We had a few others on the loop with the a similar set up. I've never tried the ice ac trick before but hear others say it works. And maybe it takes up less room in the vehicle than the window unit.
So, do you cut a hole in the tent or do you just butt it up against one of the windows er? Tape?

Upvote 0

TARDIS

So, do you cut a hole in the tent or do you just butt it up against one of the windows er? Tape?
I don't have any photos of our set up. I got the idea from a Disney ft wilderness board and googled instructions. Our new tent came with the ac port which was nice but I believe we used some tape around the cut hole and a milk crate to set it on. Ours was under the screen porch section to keep it out of the elements but most place a tarp over it. (Keeps rain from seeping into the hole you cut)

Attachments

• IMG_0144.JPG
    IMG_0144.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0145.JPG
    IMG_0145.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 53
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom