Camping for Fireworks

sorcerergoofy

So my family doesn't like to wait around for the fireworks show, so I am always the one who goes to get us a spot.

When should I stake out our spot, and where are the best spots located?

I'm asking about both Wishes! and Illuminations.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Just be aware that no matter how long beforehand you stake out your "spot", invariably someone will come along three minutes before showtime and squeeze in front of you!

Upvote 0

Trishnh

good luck trying to 'save' spots for others..I had a lady sit ON my bag (and refuse to move!) that I put down while my hubby took my son to the bathroom:fork:!! Fireworks bring out the worst in people:shrug:

Upvote 0

wdwwdeagle

!! Fireworks bring out the worst in people:shrug:

I agree. Mr. Eagle was accosted last NYE for having the 'audacity' to step OVER someone's saved spot to get from Main St. up on to the sidewalk so that we could go in the Emporium (we weren't even trying to stake out a viewing spot for the fireworks!).

The "spot saver," a seated older gentleman, yelled at the top of his lungs "YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CROSS!" and then grabbed Mr. Eagle's ankle and began punching him in the calf! It was horrifying at the time, but pretty hilarious the next morning.

Ah, memories!

Upvote 0

sorcerergoofy

Original Poster
good luck trying to 'save' spots for others..I had a lady sit ON my bag (and refuse to move!) that I put down while my hubby took my son to the bathroom:fork:!! Fireworks bring out the worst in people:shrug:

I've noticed this! In the spot where we sit (the tree that is off the the left of the Castle across from the Noodle Station) I just lay out my body on the bricks.....hopefully no one will ever sit on me! :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom