Camping at FL for 9 days.... any advice??

SlideOperatorCP

My boyfriend and I are going camping for 10 days 9 nights at Fort Wilderness!!!!! We are going March 12th to March 21st (other 21 year olds go to Cancun for Spring Break, not us!!!!)

Has anyone done it? Any advice? We are sleeping in a Tent (I know, we will probably be misserable!!!) Do you have to pay for the showers? Any advice helps!!! Thanks!

Oh yeah, we are driving, so we will have a car and 2 bikes!

MichRX7

Premium Member
I have stayed at Fort Wilderness almost every year of my life since age 7 (and I'm 36). My family will be going down from December 6-13th and camping there again. It is a beautiful place and I do not think you will be miserable.

We have not ever tent camped (well once, my brother and I set one up when we were kids, lol), but let me just say the comfort stations with restrooms and showers are immaculate (and free), and the water pressure and hot water are great. They are so nice that I use those showers instead of the shower in our Airstream.

My biggest advice is get to know the bus routes inside the campground and outside the campground. One set of busses simply makes the loop around FT Wilderness all day, another set takes you to the TTC & Wilderness Lodge. Also know you can take a boat from the launch direct to MK or smaller boats direct to Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary.

Now for recommendations I would suggest you book a reservation and spend an enjoyable evening at the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue. The bike riding paths in the campground are excellent or you can go horseback riding.

If you have any other questions, feel free to give me a shout. We leave to do some camping there in 10 days!
:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Purdue129

Originally posted by SlideOperatorCP
My boyfriend and I are going camping for 10 days 9 nights at Fort Wilderness!!!!! We are going March 12th to March 21st (other 21 year olds go to Cancun for Spring Break, not us!!!!)

We didn't stay at FW, but my girlfriend I did go to WDW for spring break last March. As much fun as I've had in the past at Panama City, etc., WDW was a much better time overall!

Upvote 0

atownsend

The best advice I can give for tent camping at FW or anywhere is to have an air mattress.
Also Fw campsites have elect. so gas lighting isn't necesary.

Hope you have a good time,
Andy T.

Upvote 0

Woody13

Bring a 14 gauge extension cord (25 feet or more) and a 20 inch fan (Patton for example) that will move a lot of air. That will cut the misery factor down to a size you can handle. :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom