Campground Discounts and Dining Plan

bamillerpa

I am planning a quick trip to the World while my husband is on a business trip nearby. We were just there last September and splurged on the Poly which means that I need to go really cheap for the upcoming trip. I know a lot of times there are room discounts and free dining promotions. What I'm not sure of is if there are discounts on campsites and when free dining is offered are the people staying in tents included? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!!:)

DisneyHamm

I am planning a quick trip to the World while my husband is on a business trip nearby. We were just there last September and splurged on the Poly which means that I need to go really cheap for the upcoming trip. I know a lot of times there are room discounts and free dining promotions. What I'm not sure of is if there are discounts on campsites and when free dining is offered are the people staying in tents included? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!!:)

I have now stayed at the Fort Wilderness Campground 4 times. The campground is the resort, and the campsite is the room. It doesn't matter what you are actually sleeping in be it tent or camper/rv. The resort is still included in any other specials that are available at any other resort. Therefore if you are looking for free dining, then it would be offered at the Campground the same time as any other resort. As far as discounts to campsites, if they offer discounts at the other resorts, then they would here as well.

Upvote 0

bamillerpa

Original Poster
Thanks for the info. That makes sense but I just wanted to be sure since the rates to camp are so much cheaper than the cheapest actual room. So is it counted as a value and you would get the quick service dining plan?

Upvote 0

buseegal

we could not get free dining with a campsite. could get free dining at cabins as they are a moder resort. we did get a AAA discount on the site.

Upvote 0

lwalker8

I am 99% sure you cannot get free dining with a campsite and the same discounts do not apply to the sites as are offered at the other resorts.

The free dining offers coordinate with the tier of resort you are staying at, value, moderate ect... the campground fits none of those categories and is considered separate. The cabins at the campground are considered moderate and do work with the free dining offers. I would consider an offsite resort which can provide a great value, or a Disney Value Resort which can offer great rates as well and you can still enjoy the free dining or the discounted rates when those offers exist.

Upvote 0

bamillerpa

Original Poster
The only thing I'm sure of is that I want to stay on property. I love the extra perks and having my room key/park tickets/credit card all on one card. I also drive to the parks and this way the parking would also be included. We stayed at Pop Century before and that was fine. I was just trying to go really, really cheap since we splurged so much a few months ago. His company is paying for him to stay at the Gaylord during the conference so lodging will be free for the first few days. We could continue staying there but I'm a Disney snob and want to be back on property:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom