Camp Minnie-Mickey

Chad

Original Poster
Lately, I've been sorta wrapped up in Soji stuff, and haven't been able to really use my other ideas here, like I used to..I sorta wanted to.."Go back to my roots" so to speak, and I am doing so by re-vamping this land in Animal Kingdom. I have three major expansions, and a few extras, along with a few..closures. I am also happy to say that this will be my first attempt at a major MODEL..I will basically redo the entire land in phases. Here's some hints as to what is happening...

Since Camp Minnie-Mickey is supposed to be modeled after a North American Wilderness Camp, It's going to get animals! Here's the main attractions I have going:

Spirits of America- This is the flagship attraction. It is based heavily on Native American Faith, and is extremely dramatic. I was going for a Spaceship Earth type of feeling with this, I want it to touch hearts. It's not a Thrill Ride, but it does feature animals...It will be in the 'Camp Meeting Hall', which is a large theater, using the UOE and GMR's Moving theater vehicles, it will take you on quite the Moving experience. Out of all the projects I've worked on, this script has been the most fun for me, mainly because I embrace my Native American history over my other cultures..This one is the first model I will make, and will be extensively detailed.

Donald's Canoe Tours-What better place for a duck then on a river? This is a run back to old dark rides, with canoes! A water ride with small, minor drops, nothing scary for the kids. Plus, it's one of the first attractions to directly star Mickey and his pals! The story is pretty simple. Your canoe would first go through a real Bear's enclosure, so you'd get to see live bears feeding etc..And then, it would go into a cave, cartoon-style bears would be sleeping in a den, a family scene with a momma and cubs. But Pete has other plans, catching the bears could bring him in hefty amount of money! It's up to Mickey and Donald to rescue the Bear cubs!

North Ridge Hiking trail- Another animal trail, this one would feature North American Animals..One interesting note, I'd like it if I could find another camera company that doesn't compete with Kodak to sponsor this. I wanted the walk to start in a lodge type building, where digital cameras would be distributed, and fastened to your wrist (a loud alarm would go off if it was detached, a special key would detach it at the end of the walk, this would also prevent them from being dropped and stolen.) You'd go on a Photo Hike, and take pictures along the trails, hopefully of the animals, but you could take them of anything you wanted, then, you get to go back to the lodge and upload them, and look, and buy a set of pictures for a small fee. I thought this would add a fun element to the hike, instead of just making it another,"walk" you'd get to have a bit more fun with it. There could also be special CM guided photo tours, where a CM would help you get amazing shots. This would be signed up for specially, like the 'Behind the Seeds' tour.

This was my teaser, though it was a bit long. I really didn't go into much, and I still have plenty to tell you all about. This project is something I've really been looking foward to working on, I hope you guys will all enjoy it :)
As usual, More to come!

Sounds Great! :sohappy:

I am alittle confused about what the Nativ American ride is acutally, but as you said this is just a teaser.

I love the Donald canoe ride idea! :)

DonickCo

here is that satellite picture you wonted.

attachment.php

Chad

Original Poster
Thanks Figment! All things will be explained in time :)

Donick, is it possible to get a picture maginified a bit more..So I can see the paths and more building detail?

Chad

Original Poster
Spirits of America

Queue-This attraction would take the place of the Lion King Theater, which will be exanded and moved over to Africa.
The queue will be pretty simple, each of the new buildings I have going up in Camp Minnie-Mickey have different names..This one just so happens to be the 'Meeting Hall'..Others include the 'Main Office' 'Canoe Barn' 'Cabins' 'Mess Hall' To give the place a more 'Camp' feeling to it. SOA starts out with a regular winding queue that leads you through the 'lobby' of the meeting hall, and down some corridors, with trophy's and pictures of competitions (in which Mickey always seems to win) Above the line, will be TV's..Another running 'theme' of this land is that the two main attractions will both have advertisements for the Camp playing..Not ACTUAL advertisements, instead, they will be new cartoons that Mickey and the Gang will star in, and each new one will be announced as 'Events' that are held at the camp..

Announcer: Beneath the tall pine trees of Camp Minnie-Mickey, many activities are held..Lets take a look at the founder, Mickey Mouse, as he gets a little bird watching in...

(scene would break to a 3-5 minute cartoon of mickey and pluto bird watching, and some perils that ensue..(being chased by a bear? finding an orphan bird?)

Announcer: While at Camp Minnie-Mickey, we ask that you follow some simple rules...

(Cut to one of those great goofy 'how-to' cartoons..I'm sure some of you remember them..the skiing one is priceless...)

There will be numerous others, and they will be playing in both rides..The movie will also be fore sale in the gift shop..

Anywho. The actual ride will start out in the actual 'Meeting Hall'
Which will look like a big theater, two of the 'moving theater' vehicles will be there, but the guests won't know thats what they are. The ride starts out with a CM coming up to the podium...

CM: Ahem...(taps microphone) Good (morning, afternoon, evening) Campers! How's everyone feeling today? Good! I've got a great list of activities ready for you today! We'll start off with a few nature hikes..and then we'll have some lunch...

His voice would slowly fade away as the lighting dims..

EM (elderly voice)-You've come here to find nature, have you? (music would slowly start to play, a flute would be introduced into the area, playing Native American music, and playing it very low) I can show you a thousad wonders that you not find on a nature hike..That you will not find in the confines of this camp..The America I am going to show you exists where few have been (pause) The Spirits of America are waiting...

With those words, the walls were the speaker was will lift, revealing a tunnel with smoke rolling in it, similar to the effect that Posiedions Fury Accomplishes, only with fog, and many, hot colored lights (hot as in reds, oranges, yellows..)

The vehicles would emerge from the building, and go outside, the first scene would be a large mountain range (fake of course, and not a FULL mountain range, just enough to give an amazing first look..) as soon as the guests see this, a geyser would erupt at the foot of one of the mountains..

EM: Welcome to the true North America. (music would swell, and cars would turn left...)

More to come, including weatherproofing, electric supply, guidance systems, Etc..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom