Cameron Spending Time At Disneyland

NoChesterHester

Original Poster
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/11/james-cameron-gets-further-inspiration-at-disneyland-resort/

More photo op "research."

I do love the photos of Carsland. Looks fantastic.

Interesting that Cars Land is "12 acres"... isnt that the mentioned size of Pandora at AK? I still believe that number is largely hooey.

There were also reports on twitter of him "hanging out" at Storyteller's Cafe. Hopefully him getting familiarized with the feel of the Disney Parks will benefit the project development.

Anyone heard any more info on the design progress? Thoughts on this photo op?

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
More than likely he is observing the various construction methods, ride systems, and other. Best way for him to wrap his head around the best process to deliver his products.

RSoxNo1

Am I the only one that made this comparison regarding Tom Staggs pose?

jcv273849SMALL.jpg

leostrutoriginal.jpg

jt04

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/11/james-cameron-gets-further-inspiration-at-disneyland-resort/

More photo op "research."

I do love the photos of Carsland. Looks fantastic.

Interesting that Cars Land is "12 acres"... isnt that the mentioned size of Pandora at AK? I still believe that number is largely hooey.

There were also reports on twitter of him "hanging out" at Storyteller's Cafe. Hopefully him getting familiarized with the feel of the Disney Parks will benefit the project development.

Anyone heard any more info on the design progress? Thoughts on this photo op?

Great find! Thanks for posting.

My guess is the "12 acres" is based loosely on Carsland and I doubt also it is a fixed criteria. I think the fact they wanted to show him Carsland is so he can experience what is possible with a similar budget.

How cool is it that he is so personally involved along with others from his team and Imagineering?

And how cool is it that they got to walk the RSR track?

I think the look on Tom's face in the first picture says it all. I would guess the creative ideas are flying right now and it must be an amazing time for Imagineering.

NoChesterHester

Original Poster
Great find! Thanks for posting.

My guess is the "12 acres" is based loosely on Carsland and I doubt also it is a fixed criteria. I think the fact they wanted to show him Carsland is so he can experience what is possible with a similar budget.

How cool is it that he is so personally involved along with others from his team and Imagineering?

And how cool is it that they got to walk the RSR track?

I think the look on Tom's face in the first picture says it all. I would guess the creative ideas are flying right now and it must be an amazing time for Imagineering.

I would definitely love to walk the RSR track.

BTW Mods: I posted this in the WDW rumors section because it has far more to do with the expansion at WDW then a tour at Disneyland. It should have stayed there for discussion. Thanks.

worldfanatic

This is a great sign!

Carsland is an outrageously "over-the-top" construction project, and Cameron is known to be very demanding.
After seeing it first hand, I'm sure he won't expect anything less than "over-the-top" construction for Pandora/Avatarland.:king:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom