Camera Questions?

bobbypaez02

Original Poster
This is our first trip in almost 20 years. We have a 13 and 9 year old, so we want to take alot of pictures. We have a DSLR camera and several Point n Shoots. What do you do on some of the rides with your DSLR? I would be afraid to have it around my neck on the Aero Roller Coaster. Should we just get a Photo Pass and take our Point n Shoots?

*MandyMo*

It all depends on your comfort level. DSLRs are pretty resilient IF they are in a padded bag. You could put a plastic bag around it or have someone hold it in the case of Splash Mountain. I took a DLSR with a pro-level lens on all intense rides a few weeks ago (Everest, Space Mountain, etc). I didn't take a picture while on the ride, but the camera survived the ride.

But if you're going to be worried about your camera, that would make a difference. Take care of your comfort level as well as your camera.

For me, the weight of the heavy lens was more of an issue than fear that it would get broken somehow.

Have fun taking pictures, with whatever camera you take with you! There are so many great photo opportunities in WDW!!!

lilclerk

Can you carry camera bags on all the rides?
I've never been turned away with my bag in WDW. Universal is another story. I only bring a small point and shoot there that I can stick in a pocket so I don't have to get a locker at every ride.
On RnRC, just tuck the bag between your feet and hold on, it'll be fine.

Tigger1988

Get a decent camera bag. The one I got for my DLSR/lenses is a backpack and carries everything I'd need while in the parks.

mickeysshoes

you carry your bags with you on every ride in WDW. Just make sure to also carry a ziplock bag with you for the water rides....for cameras and phones!!!

*MandyMo*

Can you carry camera bags on all the rides?

I had no trouble carrying my camera bag on the rides. I usually put it under my legs with one of the straps wrapped around one of my legs and held onto it that way. Most of the ride cars are secure enough for this (closed sides, etc.).

The only ride that stressed me out with my camera bag, oddly enough, was Dinosaur in Animal Kingdom. That ride has open sides and is very jumpy and jolts around quite a bit. I started thinking partway through the ride that one of my compartments on my camera bag was unzipped, so I stressed about that rather than enjoying the ride (for nothing, because everything was zipped up). That's what I meant about attending to your own comfort level. I let my worry about my camera needlessly get in the way of enjoying the ride. If you will let the worry get to you, then don't bring your DSLR. Most of the time, my fear about my camera didn't get to me, and when it did, my fears were not realized.

Raven66

I have no problem with taking my DSLR on all the rides. Like someone else said I just kind of put it around my leg. Dinosaur has net pouches on it to put your belongings in(I sure hope I'm remembering right). I just slip my whole camera bag in it. Have fun taking all your pictures, one of my favorite things is taking a whole bunch of pictures.:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom