camera help

mickeyforlife

Original Poster
can someone recomended the best camera to take to parks. want to get me a new one before my next trip. can't decided between a nixon coolpix or cannon powershot. don't want anything hard (big camera dummy LOL). also how long will the battery last in the parks between charges? thanks guys for all your help.:confused:

dot-a-poke9

I have used both types of cameras. I think they are both good. With my powershot (it is a few years old) it takes AA batteries which is convenient if you need to get new batteries you can just buy them in the park, although they would be expensive. I have used just regular AA batteries (not lithium) and they last me a while, even with the screen on. I wouldn't worry about it running out during the day.
The coolpix I have used has a rechargeable battery, which as long as you charge at night, you should be all set all day. The batteries lasted I think like three days before I had to charge the battery, but I would recommend charging every night just to be on the safe side.
They both take really good pictures, and I would recommend either kind. It is more a personal preference, and how they feel to you. Hope that helped!

lilclerk

I've never used a Nikon Coolpix, but in my experience Canon Powershots are great "dummy" cameras. Not that you can't play with their settings and get even better shots, but all the ones I've used have been genuine "point, shoot and get something great" cameras.

Any particular models you're looking at?

trr1

try one of these for $49
from wally world
0087878400078_150X150.jpg

Vistaquest VQ-DV7 Pink Flash Memory Digital Camcorder, Digital Camera & MP3 Player, 7MP Resolution

or this for $99

DXG 579V Blue Camcorder 5MP, 4x Digital Zoom, 2.4" TFT Display, Records 720p High-Definition Video

0088073415790_215X215.jpg

bjlc57

we took a nikon d40x and a canon EOS.. and the Nikon was better.. not by much., but better.. but and its the big difference.. I used a 50- 200 lens on it ... and it was the great equalizer..

my photos especially in AK made it well worth the trip with that "bigger" camera... I was able to Make photographs that no one else could do from my distance.. head shots.. characters that were working with kids.. what ever.. I could isolate them without being close or interfering or waiting for the "perfect" shot...

I would compare my photos with anyones.. they are that good..

I just don't know how to post them here..

mickeyforlife

Original Poster
I've never used a Nikon Coolpix, but in my experience Canon Powershots are great "dummy" cameras. Not that you can't play with their settings and get even better shots, but all the ones I've used have been genuine "point, shoot and get something great" cameras.

Any particular models you're looking at?

well I have been really looking at the nixon coolpix s6000. amazon.com has a special on it right now and I really like the looks of it. but I have read on boards about alot of folks talking about the cannon powershot so I just want to be sure before I fork out the money. thanks everyone for the advice. have a magical day.:wave:

Before you buy one. Do the following... think about the type of shots you take or plan on taking... if you like trying to get animals in the animal kingdom then you need to consider the amount of zoom on the camera.. if you think you'll be taking more pictures of kids inside places then you need to consider the flash and how quickly it recycles... There is no "1" best camera for everyone the goes to Disneyworld because what you plan on using it for will determine which one works best for you.

Both Canon and Nikon make good cameras... as does Sony. Stay away from cheaper cameras like Kodaks or off brands... also skip the Fuji, Olympus and Casio for point and shoots... stick with one of the first 3 mentioned and then look for what you want to use it for. Sony has some point and shoots like the DSCHX1 that have a 20x optical zoom.... just understand that a downside of a Sony is the memory chip they use isn't SD they use a special type... also dont' get a lower end Sony they tend to have over compression of pictures.

For any of the cameras expect to get at least 200 shots on a fully charged battery. You might get more maybe a few less but that's a good ballpark number. More critical than the battery can be the memory, you can easily charge your battery at night but unless you've brought a laptop you will not be able to copy your memory chips and reuse them on the trip.

I would suggest you start by going to Bestbuy and looking at the cameras, don't depend on the clerks to give you good advice they aren't always that familiar with what they are selling; but you need to make sure it feel right... also you can time how long it takes to recycle the flash between pictures in the store and that can be very long on some cameras.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom