Camera Advice

10 min. to wdw

Original Poster
I'm looking into a new digital camera, I've been going back and forth between the Kodak DX7590 and the Kodak Z760:

The dx7590 is a 5 MP but has a 10X optical zoom zoom as oposed to the Z760 is a 6 Mp with a 3X optical zoom.

Anyone have ethier of these two or any advice it would be appricited.

PhotoDave219

Okay, speak english here. Whats the Focal length and apature of the lens? I ask this because a 28-280mm lens is a 10x zoom as well as a 3-30mm lens. A 28-85mm lens is roughly a 3x zoom... see what i mean? That and if its a fast lens (max apature is f/2.8) then its worth it, but if its maxed around 5.6, icky.

Damm marketing people....

10 min. to wdw

Original Poster
Ok I don't know a ton about camera's so this is kind of a learning exp, I always thought you just looked at the zoom and the number of Megapixels. Thanks for the help.

the 7590 has: ( http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=2798&pq-locale=en_US#wg02_1 )
10X optical zoom, 6.32-63.2 mm (35 mm equivalent: 38-380 mm)
3X advanced digital zoom
The aparture info:
wide - f/2.8-8; tele - f/3.7-8
shutter speed 1/8-1/1700 seconds

the Z760 has: ( http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=6772&pq-locale=en_US )
3X optical zoom, 8-24 mm (35 mm equivalent: 39-117 mm) Lens threads for 37 mm lens adapter
4X advanced digital zoom
12X total zoom
the apature:
f/2.8-8.0 (wide), f/4.8-8.0 (tele)
shutter speed automatic: 1/8-1/1400 seconds; manual: 64-1/1000 seconds

My 2cents. Get as much optical zoom as possible, it's better to have to much zoom and not need it, then to not have it and WANT it. Don't worry about digital zoom, the pictures are way to grainy. My camera only has a 4x zoom and i realized it wasn't enough so i got a 3x teleconverter.

bondskier

definitely the DX7590 with the zoom. though it has less megapixels, that will be hardly noticeable, and the lens is a lot faster-it has a larger aperture at 10x than the other camera at 3x. the shutter speed will also go higher, good for stopping the action on sunny days. i've got a camera with 4 mp and a 12x optical zoom and i absolutely love it. also, digital zoom is worthless. it's essentially blowing up the picture you could have edited to be bigger in a photo editing program such as photoshop except you lose the areas you could have seen

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom