Calories and sugar don't count at WDW.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Having been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes a couple of years ago, I have to be careful what I eat and when. Now, while at WDW, things are different and I go ahead and enjoy, just less then before, and have, been ok so far...is this too risky to continue?

LuLaSue

I have no personal experience with Type 2 Diabetes but, this sounds like a discussion you may want to have with your physician.

I am a firm believer when what we eat changes due to illness or anything of the like, there is NO being careful. We make a lifestyle change, when we make this change there is no real turning back. Value your health! We work so hard to enjoy our lives, not to pay off doctor bills.

Please know, I am not a "food or drink prude" anyone who reads my posts will know that, but, my numbers are good. I make healthy choices everyday, no exceptions. My quality of life depends on my health, and darn it, life it good! Be good to yourself. :)

All the best in whatever you choose!

DisneyDebNJ

I have no personal experience with Type 2 Diabetes but, this sounds like a discussion you may want to have with your physician.

I am a firm believer when what we eat changes due to illness or anything of the like, there is NO being careful. We make a lifestyle change, when we make this change there is no real turning back. Value your health! We work so hard to enjoy our lives, not to pay off doctor bills.

Please know, I am not a "food or drink prude" anyone who reads my posts will know that, but, my numbers are good. I make healthy choices everyday, no exceptions. My quality of life depends on my health, and darn it, life it good! Be good to yourself. :)

All the best in whatever you choose!
This ^^^^ I myself also have no experiences with Type 2 Diabetes but tend to eat healthy all year. I do, however, throw caution to the wind in my eating while on vacation, but exercise more. For a week or so, I consider it a trade off of sorts I guess. I dont go crazy coo coo though (I just cant give up a funnel cake or one of the many delectible cupcakes) Like @LuLaSue suggested very wisely, check with your physician, just to be on the safe side :)

epcotisbest

Original Poster
I agree with @LuLaSue please talk with your doctor we'd like to have you around here for quite a while!!!!!!!!!!!
How kind of you. Yeah, I have to monitor my numbers, but it seems the miles and miles of walking help stabilize the sugar spikes...and most importantly, instead of ordering two desserts, we now usually order one and share it, with me only having a couple of bites to try it. Now even I won't share zebra domes.

Pooh Lover

I thought as soon as you passed under the arches calories and such things didn't count. ;)

Seriously be careful but enjoy!!
They may not count but they sure add up! I always go home feeling a little more "voluptuous" than when I arrived.

Have fun and enjoy yourself but most importantly, take care of yourself!

HouCuseChickie

While I don't have first hand experience with this, I have family and coworkers who do. Most pick and choose how and when they can indulge and how to compensate for said indulgences. Still, it's also something they talk about with their physicians in advance so they can do it as safely as possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom