Calling Beach Club Know it alls

timoteo

Is there anything special, secret or overlooked that I should notice or take advantage of at the Beach club Resort when I go in October? Thanks to you all!

DisneyPhD

Don't miss Beaches and Cream, they do have the best burgers in the World. Also if you have a big group, try a Kitchen Sink (a very big Ice Cream Sundae.) While not a secret, my 2 year old DD very favorite thing is the Ariel (Little Merrmaid) Statue at BCV, in the courtyard. There is also a neat old car outside BC that kids can play in. One of my fav things is while some resorts only have 1 hot tub, Y&B have 6 total. 3 at SAB (Storm Along Bay)and one in each other quiet pool.

Upvote 0

timoteo

Original Poster
Wow all sounds great. Thanks for recommendations. I will look for the old cars and ice cream. Great burgers are wonderful "lower cost" plus for this resort amid the $$$. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

oh heck... forget the group. Get a kitchen sink for yourself! After all, you're on vacation!!!!!

Yatch and Beach club have one of the (if not THE) best pools in the whole Disney World Resort. The sandy bottom pool is very cool and the shipwreck waterside is great!!

Upvote 0

imagineersrock

ok just a few quick things-

1.) the resort pool is a must-do! this is IMO the best resort pool anywhere; it really is the self proclaimed "mini-waterpark" that they like to call it.

2.) the breakfast buffet is another must-do at least once. (again, this is one of the best breakfast buffets on property.) *its also a character breakfast so if you're traveling with younger kids thats something to keep in mind.....or kids at heart......:D

3.) this resort area is IMO the best on property. (beach club,yacht club, and boardwalk) everything just seems like walking distance away,and theres just so much to do [including the near-by boardwalk hotel full of shops, restaurants, and entertainment.]

4.) speaking of everything seeming close, its VERY easy to get around while staying at this hotel; AK is just a short ride away by bus. then theres mgm which is just a short boat ride or walk [which ever you prefer] away. -same goes for epcot; its just steps away, but if you prefer to take the boat you can. and finally, theres MK and you can either take a bus, or what we always do is take the monorail from epcot to the TTC and then connect thru to the MK.

*anyway- great pick on the hotel its one of my all-time favorites have a great time, i know you will!

[your jealous friend]:cool:
-alex

Upvote 0

uncle al

Let's see -Don't miss........

Talking to Art (the front lobby greeter). He is a wonderful person and will make you feel as if you are the most important person in the world.

The "sinking sand" in Stormalong Bay.

The "whirlpool"(not the hot tub) in Stormalong Bay.

A cool adult beverage (if you are so inclined) in the middle of the day - purchased from Hurricane Hannah's

Waking up early - grabing a paper & a cup of coffee - going to the lobby and watching as people start the day. It is amazing how quickly it goes from quite to bustling with activity. As our kids are now teenagers, I especially enjoy watching the little ones as the get ready for the Character Breakfast at Cape May.

An adult beverage (if you are so inclined) at The Crew's Cup Lounge (not technically BC but.....). The bartenders are the nicest people. You will almost feel as if you are at your local pub.

Taking full advantage of the 3-5 minute walk to the "back gate" of Epcot. Try it out- just run over to England- get a Bass Ale and watch the World Showcase Players perform their rendition of the search for The Holy Grail- I never get tired of it. Or if you are their at Christmas time it is their rendition of A Christmas Carol. Then just go back to your room. It doesn't get any cooler than that - just like Epcot is your backyard. The same is almost true for MGM - the walk is a little longer though. We sometimes stroll over ride RnRC and ToT then go back to the BC.

A "melt in your mouth" filet at the Yachtsman.

A burger at Beaches & Cream, the previous post was right - they are great! The onion rings ain't bad either.

Have fun - wish I were there right now!

Upvote 0

uncle al

Oh, I forgot to mention - keep your eyes open in the lobby, you never know who might be staying at the resort. It seems that BC is a favorite among stars (this according to one castmember). When we were there over Memorial Day we saw Lee Elder (professional golfer - first black player to ever play in the Masters), Chris Tucker (comedian, co-star-with Jackie Chan of Rush Hour), and Mariah Carey.

Upvote 0

SamatBCV

This is a bit low key, but I think the Beach Club's Solarium is one of the coolest rooms in WDW. I don't usually just like to sit and read or relax :lookaroun while at Disney, but if I did, that would be the place.

Upvote 0

imagineersrock

Originally posted by uncle al
Oh, I forgot to mention - keep your eyes open in the lobby, you never know who might be staying at the resort. It seems that BC is a favorite among stars (this according to one castmember). When we were there over Memorial Day we saw Lee Elder (professional golfer - first black player to ever play in the Masters), Chris Tucker (comedian, co-star-with Jackie Chan of Rush Hour), and Mariah Carey.

oh this is a VERY good point to bring up, during our last stay at the BC, we met a woman who was a BC regular, and you will never believe this but she had the opportunity to have a conversation with mike eisner!!! thats right, eisner's apparently favorite place to stay when down here in orlando is the BC, and when he stays he will simply sit down somewhere in the lobby and strike up a conversation with a fellow guest -isnt that something!?

(thanks for reminding me uncle al, i always forget to tell people about this neat fact)

-alex

Upvote 0

timoteo

Original Poster
Thanks to everyone who responded to my Beach club query. I am so excited and I have to wait untill October. I'm not sure how I will get through the summer. Talking to Eisner? that would be great. Must be a 1 in 1,000,000 chance for that.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Oh yea, got to talk to Art (he is in the Beach Club lobby). After seeing him on Samatha Browns Travel Channel show I felt like I was talking to a celebraty! He sure is nice.

Also when BCV 1st opened there was some talk about an alligator that was living in the creck. Aparently passer byers couldn't keep from feeding him and this became unsafe (they lose their fear of humans and become too bold) and they had to move him. I didn't see him at all when we were there in March 2003.

I have also heard that the spa at Y&BC is not disney owned and some people say it is not nearly as nice as disney ones (even had a few rude cast members)

In addtion to the breaskfest buffet at Cape May Cafe, there is a all you can eat clam bake at night, I haven't tried it but if you like clams and seafood, I hear it is good.

Upvote 0

SamatBCV

Originally posted by DisneyPhD
Also when BCV 1st opened there was some talk about an alligator that was living in the creck. Aparently passer byers couldn't keep from feeding him and this became unsafe (they lose their fear of humans and become too bold) and they had to move him. I didn't see him at all when we were there in March 2003.

There definately was along with a couple of turtles. I was there In Sept 02 and have pictures of them.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom