Calling all CM's / WDW Locals!!!

Crescent_Fresh

Original Poster
:wave: First...Hello! I have a question for any of you. I just received word that I landed a lease for an apartment .3 miles from Downtown Disney! My fiancee and I will be moving in Oct.15th. I will be continuing my discussions/interviews with WDW Recruiters who called me a few months ago concerning a career at WDW now that I have relocated to the area. My sister (thank you pooh2u - I love you) gave us early wedding gifts which were annual passports so I know what I will be doing with my time (Visiting the HM every day, riding a giraffe at AK, taking photos of "Wishes" from atop the Contemporary resort, eating apricot jam covered pork at the Biergarten, surfing typhoon lagoon again, and countless other weird tasks I have assigned myself on the many trips I have taken since my first back in 1979). OK Enough rambling... what is it like living so close to the happiest place on earth? Any hints, or tips, input, or suggestions as to the area, fun, life etc. etc.? Thanks in advance... see you all real soon!

dflye

Crescent_Fresh said:
:wave: Any hints, or tips, input, or suggestions as to the area, fun, life etc. etc.? Thanks in advance... see you all real soon!
Other than the obvious things of not buying groceries or gas anywhere near WDW due to the high prices? :lookaroun

During the upcoming holiday season, make sure you visit the lobby of every single non-value resort, as the decorations are beyond fabulous. Then you'll know why Disney is still so great, they don't hold back when it comes to a celebration!

If you have a car that you can use to drive around the area, make sure to practice the "Disney Slalom", and drive as fast as you can while weaving around the confused and lost tourists! I know that when I lived up in Dr Phillips, I would have some serious fun during the commute on I-4 to/from the Team Disney building! :lol:

I'm still amazed that the FHP never pulled me over, but most of their speed traps were on I-4 at the onramp where I would get up to terminal velocity! :D

tigntink

have fun!

My hubby and I lived at the Alexan at World Gateway....just outside of the WDW entrance off Epcot drive. We LOVED it!! We wish now that we had never moved out of state! :cry: We never got tired of being so close to the Magic.....and you'll find areas to shop other than the over priced tourist places. We'd often venture to the Hunter's Creek area (we lived there for a bit too)....and OBT (Orange Blossom Trail) to get our groceries.....or the Publix just down the road from us on S. International Drive and 192.

I'm so jealous!!! Hope you love it as much as we did! :wave:

Can I ask what you might be doing at Disney? Just my curiosity creeping in. If you don't want to say....I understand.....doesn't hurt to ask though....right? ;)

mom2of2

We're at the Alexan at Legacy Dunes and it's only a few minutes to get to AKL.
When eating out try to take advantage of the coupons in all the free mags everywhere.
Make sure you find a bank that has lots of branches.
Publix has better meat (IMHO)
Go to DtD for lunch just because you can

Magic Maker

Alexan is soo pricey and they just changed ownership, which is never a good sign in Central FL, condo, condo, condo. But the guy I am dating lives in Alexan. It is a nice place. I am moving down the street just a bit. I should be about 4-5 miles away maybe?

By the way, WDW is the most MAGICAL place on Earth. Disneyland is the one that is the HAPPIEST place on Earth/ ;)

kal1484

mom2of2 said:
I didn't know that they changed ownership recently? Learn something new everyday.

Everywhere around here the ownership keeps changing, we moved out of our last apart. because they changed to condos, less than a week in our new apartment, they changed management....:-/ too bad the housing market is so expensive!

as for tips, watch your driving....a lot of tourists use the "i dont know what I'm doing excuse" and do whatever they want. AKA someone went on the wrong side of the road the other day....

mom2of2

Saw a bumper sticker the other day that said "If they call it Tourist Season...why can't we shoot them?" I was lmao at that one

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom