Calling all Campus Reps

wed050499

Original Poster
Hello all,

My name is Brian Seguin, campus representative and vice president of the Walt Disney World College Program Alumni Association at SUNY Geneseo (small state school just south of Rochester, NY). I'm looking up other campus reps not only to introduce myself, but find out what they do to strike up interest at their schools for the college program? I would love to swap ideas with anyone who wishes to in light of our upcoming Spring 2003 recruiting session. Anyone who's interested can contact me at bseguinusa@netscape.net or AIM: wed050499 Thanks everyone.

Have a magical day!
Brian Seguin

DisneyCP2000

Wish I could help you, but the only thing the recruiters did at my university was put up banners. There weren't that many, so not much advertising was done about it :rolleyes: . The recruiters seemed helpful at times but mostly seemed to want names only. I'm assuming they get some type of 'credit' for getting as many people in the program?!?! :confused: . In all it was very quiet in my university.

So what tactics do you guys have now? Do you guys scream "Work at WDW!" or even "Check out the most magical internship at WDW!". :lol: :) I'd like to know :)

wed050499

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisneyCP2000
Wish I could help you, but the only thing the recruiters did at my university was put up banners. There weren't that many, so not much advertising was done about it :rolleyes: . The recruiters seemed helpful at times but mostly seemed to want names only. I'm assuming they get some type of 'credit' for getting as many people in the program?!?! :confused: . In all it was very quiet in my university.

So what tactics do you guys have now? Do you guys scream "Work at WDW!" or even "Check out the most magical internship at WDW!". :lol: :) I'd like to know :)

Hey DisneyCP2000,

Well, at least someone replied. Our university has been known to do that in the past couple years and that too. Just hang posters, set up in our college union, and show up at the recruiters presentation. That seems to be the ongoing trend i've seen in schools. However, since I returned from the program and became involved, I'm on a drive in my area to get these recruiting seasons more fun, more alive, and more interactive. For instance, during the last semester, we did our normal posters, union thing, but also held powerpoint presentations preparing students for exactly what the college program entails. Also, we have a mailing list for anyone who joins (which is quite a bit actually) and through that I started, "This week in Disney History" and "This Week's WDW Picture" as items to continually remind people about us. Likewise, I'm in the process, along with my other Campus Reps of constructing a webpage and beginning next semester the "Disney Stories" Presentations where students will be able to come and share stories about disneyworld, or anything disney for that matter and likewise, we will share stories concerning our time on the program, our vacations, stories about walt, the company, etc. Also, some of these presentations will be simply showing and discussing of disney movies.

We have a lot of ideas for the future to get students to be more interactive with Disney. Another one i didn't mention that we are putting into practice is the idea of a semester theme. This semester will be right from wdw "Where Magic Lives." Every decoration we make, every label, card, website, etc. will be centered on this theme. We are very excited about all these new ideas for us. so much so in fact, we are trying to spread it, hence my post here and emails to some of my other area representatives and my recruiter. I hope this helps anyone interested.

thanks,
brian

tenchu

Originally posted by wed050499
Hello all,

My name is Brian Seguin, campus representative and vice president of the Walt Disney World College Program Alumni Association at SUNY Geneseo (small state school just south of Rochester, NY). I'm looking up other campus reps not only to introduce myself, but find out what they do to strike up interest at their schools for the college program? I would love to swap ideas with anyone who wishes to in light of our upcoming Spring 2003 recruiting session. Anyone who's interested can contact me at bseguinusa@netscape.net or AIM: wed050499 Thanks everyone.

Have a magical day!
Brian Seguin

Hi there.

I don't think we get any representatives here in britain.

Or do we?

DisneyCP2000

Re: Re: Calling all Campus Reps

Originally posted by tenchu
Hi there.

I don't think we get any representatives here in britain.

Or do we?

I think that would be under international recruiting? But if you ever do see posters let me know, I'm interested. I do know that they did a CP for Austrailian students when I was down there, so I would guess Britain would be in the picture too :) So tenchu, would you join the CP?

wed050499:I'm so glad to hear that you guys are going the extra mile to get others more interested! The banners just don't cut it. After all, if a person's never been to WDW before, or just doesn't remember it...the CP just won't make sense :lol:.
Have you guys ever asked WDWCP for a video of the jobs available? You guys could get all your old photos of the fun times at VW or anywhere else and use those for a slideshow. Don't forget to mention the perks...free entry, discounts, living independently, PI, and Jellyrolls. I believe that Turkey Leg Boy is a CR, you can ask him what he does for the meetings.

tenchu

Re: Re: Re: Calling all Campus Reps

Originally posted by DisneyCP2000
I think that would be under international recruiting? But if you ever do see posters let me know, I'm interested. I do know that they did a CP for Austrailian students when I was down there, so I would guess Britain would be in the picture too :) So tenchu, would you join the CP?

wed050499:I'm so glad to hear that you guys are going the extra mile to get others more interested! The banners just don't cut it. After all, if a person's never been to WDW before, or just doesn't remember it...the CP just won't make sense :lol:.
Have you guys ever asked WDWCP for a video of the jobs available? You guys could get all your old photos of the fun times at VW or anywhere else and use those for a slideshow. Don't forget to mention the perks...free entry, discounts, living independently, PI, and Jellyrolls. I believe that Turkey Leg Boy is a CR, you can ask him what he does for the meetings.

I've never seen any posters for the CP over here.

I would consider it, inbdeed, turkey leg boy was helping me look into it. I've still got another couple of years at uni before i can think of running away to florida though!

TURKEY

I'm a campus rep....in my final semester.

It's hard to do a presentation at my campus because we have to go to another school for the official one. There aren't that many around here that want to go to 1 meeting for info, then another one for interview and presentation. Getting people to leave for a semester is also a problem.

Lhriangel

*waves* I'm also a campus rep... alone.. at a HUGE campus.. lol.. so it's difficult. I have ideas for this quarter when I have the time to impliment them... and hopefully they will work :).

DisneyCP2000

Do they give you guys a spot in the campus "union" (I'm not sure it that the right wording...it's the heart/busiest spot on campus) to advertise the CP?

wed050499

Original Poster
Hey everyone,

To answer your question on CP in britian, that does fall under international program recruiting and i'm really not that well versed in the goings on of that.

Thanks DisneyCP2000 for your encouragement and questions. In response to basically all your questions, it's either we're already doing it or simply yes (i think that covers everything). As far as a slideshow, we take our pictures from our experiences, use windows movie maker and created a movie we play during the powerpoint presentation we put on along with when we set up in the "union." WDWCP really doesn't have much as far as stuff they can give us for jobs and stuff, most of it is pretty dated by now so we decided to make our own. Another thing we actually do on campus is try as best as possible to bring the "world" to there, including doing pin trading while presenting and stuff like that and showing off vacation videos and things like that during those same presentations. The "Disney Stories" presentations, i hope will just be one more tool in helping us do this.

Turkey Leg Boy, I understand the difficulties you're having bc we have them too. That's why we try to keep disney always fresh on these peoples minds, not just with posters, but with emails and presentations and anything else we can think of. We have a similar situation where we sponsor two visits by the recruiters that are not on our campus but neighboring ones. It is difficult and time consuming, but well worth it as far as i'm concerned. As far as getting people to leave for a semester, once they here that they can remain a full time student while at disney through our school, it usually takes that out of play. However, I know all schools are not the same and that may not be possible for yours.

Angelique, I don't directly understand the big campus, one rep thing as i don't personally have that. However, one of my fellow reps at the university of buffalo (a school of about 33,000 students) is also the only one there. I'm working with him now on a few programs that perhaps he and I may team up at his school for or just some way to tackle this. We're getting our recruiter involved also in this as to try to find a good solution. I'll let you know if we come up with something substantial

Thanks for all your comments everyone,
Brian

DisneyCP2000

Cool, I hope you guys do well & find plenty of future CPs :D

Attachments

• award.gif
    award.gif
    95.9 KB · Views: 163

Ona

tenchu, I'm leaving this summer to represent the UK as part of the WDWIP. If you've got any questions or anything let me know.

Ona ;)

tenchu

Originally posted by Ona
tenchu, I'm leaving this summer to represent the UK as part of the WDWIP. If you've got any questions or anything let me know.

Ona ;)

Thanks very much, any info is gladly accepted!

:wave:

freaklarm

Hi, I'm a Campus Rep from Univ. Of Puerto Rico, every semester we get to bring 200+ students to the presentations. We use many techniques to do this, here are some examples for last semester: we painted 4 murals around campus advertising the program (we are a very large campus), hosted a weekly info both starting about a month before the presentation, banners al over the place, flyers in the cars (we did this the day before and early the day of the presentation), and many others. If you have any question just let me know, you can email me at boricualoko1981@hotmail.com I hope this help.

tmm7899

Hi!!! I am a campus rep here at the University of Southern Maine. Actually I am the only rep and I have TWO campuses, its hard to get the students to go and I hope that I have better luck this semester to devote to recruiting.

mkepcotmgmak

hope this isn't a rude question, but are Campus Reps still considered Cast Members, and are they paid by Disney? My campus reps wore their name tags from the parks and I thought that was really cool!

TURKEY

Originally posted by mkepcotmgmak
hope this isn't a rude question, but are Campus Reps still considered Cast Members, and are they paid by Disney? My campus reps wore their name tags from the parks and I thought that was really cool!

Not paid, but you get an id and that gets you all the discounts and free entry into the parks. We usually get 2 one day park hoppers for each semester as well.

We are still considered cast members. It helps keep you in the loop for getting back and about what's going on.

It is a lot of work. It's not just a free ride for the stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom