Call-out question - current CM

olivia0231

Original Poster
I'm currently a part time cast member and was just wondering if we were allowed to call-out and then go into the park? I know it's kind of a ty thing to do, and I'm going to do my best to avoid it, but my parents are coming to visit who I haven't seen since January 2020 and I wasn't able to get any of the days off that they're going to be here for. I'm trying my best to trade/give away my shifts but it's not looking good.
Anyway, I was just wondering if I could just call-out one day and then be with them in the parks? I know when I was in the DCP you would get fired, but I thought a saw something that full/part-time CMs could call-in personal then go into the parks and be fine.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
When I was a CM, calling in sick and going was a terminable offense.

Calling in personal was allowed but was looked at badly.

cm1988

I would say that’s a really bad idea unless you bought yourself a ticket… Definitely don’t use your Disney ID to get into the park.

Your best bet is to keep trying to do a schedule swap for one day during that week. Otherwise you hopefully can at least meet up with your folks before or after your shift. Sorry!

Last edited:

kiddisneycm

I would say that’s a really bad idea unless you bought yourself a ticket… Definitely don’t use your Disney ID to get into the park.

Your best bet is to keep trying to do a schedule swap for one day during that week. Otherwise you hopefully can at least meet up with your folks before or after your shift. Sorry!

So if you are able to swap or give away your shift it's okay to go into the park?

Last edited by a moderator:

cm1988

So if you are able to swap or give away your shift it's okay to go into the park?
I’m just a retiree so will give an excessively cautious suggestion: do the swap, but inform a friendly supervisor.

Wishing you a great visit; wherever works out for you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom