California Grill

Jo DeVil

I rang again yesterday and was told maybe Aug!! but with the system outage today........ I was told to just keep trying as they have no firm date yet.

Bob

Bo0bi3$
Premium Member
I've been trying to get an early Dec ADR since my 180+10 date opened up. No luck so far. Will keep trying through the WDW website on a daily basis and will call in once per week just to check with a CM to see what's going on. Till then, my backup ADR is at Artist Point.

DicksonGR

I have a feeling date-wise September will be fine. I worry about actually getting a reservation with the sudden rush of people trying to get them. I'll need to be on the ball and book as soon as it is available.

copcarguyp71

I was just kind of bummed out at the concept drawings that showed a wall of bench style seating with chairs on the other side of the table. They took an intimate dining experience and turned it into a Denny's dining room IMO. I am sure the food will be great but we did not even try for Sept ADR's as I want a little more than a butt cheek space between me and the table next to me for a "dining experience". We really enjoyed our first time there last October but are going to skip until actual pics and experiences are posted.

FLYbyNITE

...and this is PRECISELY what EVERYONE should do - BOOK SOMEPLACE ELSE. Based on Hard Data, provided BY Disney? There is no availability for the CA Grill up to and including December.

Now, this may change - once these brainiacs realize that, given their behavior, the Grill may open - and no one shows up. I'll say again - it's not my restaurant... but destroying a fine Restaurant's Holiday Bookings? ehhhh - I wouldn't do that :).

I agree! Knowing that the California Grill was going down for a lengthy refurb, I just booked other places. I have done the Grill every trip for the last 6 years, and I had even held out some hope that it would be open by the last week of August (our next trip). But now, I’m really happy with my bookings and don’t know what I could drop if it suddenly became available. My current bookings are: The Hollywood Brown Derby, Be Our Guest, Narcoossee’s, Le Cellier, O’Hana’s, Cinderella’s Royal Table, and the Yachtsman’s Steakhouse, so which one do I drop?

Each restaurant serves a purpose to our plans and the only 2 restaurants I might consider dropping are Narcoossees (but I have a Wishes Dessert Party reservation later that evening) and the Yachtsman’s Steakhouse (but we planned on visiting the Boardwalk after dinner), We love watching the fireworks from the Grill, but maybe we’ll just stick with our current plans this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom