California Grill

hls1023

Original Poster
Hi everyone! Just wondering if anyone has been to California Grill recently? I've read some reviews on it but they are a little old. I think we may be eating there on Thursday night to watch the fireworks and I'm just wondering what you guys think of it.

Lauriebar

We went last October and had a lovely dinner. I made our PS for about an hour and a half before Wishes and right after our meal we went out on the balcony to watch the show. It is definately an experience we will remember and we will definately go again.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Ate there a few weeks ago. Have to say this was the least "special" of our visits.

1. If you happen to be there on a convention evening, expect loads of drinking suits talking loudly.
2. I have to say that sitting on the right of the resturant is less fun too far from the kitchen.
3. I thought the choice on the menu was a little narrow, but thatsa personal taste thing.
4. I cannot fault the service!!
5. The quality of food was as high as ever.
6. Sushi sampler platter makes Woolfgangs look like a back st vendors cart.

NB* I should point out that the previous visit was the best meal I had ever eaten so this had a lot to live up to.

lamarvenoy

I was there the night before Labor Day. It was as delicious as it ever has been. My wife had the filet which was perfect and I had the grouper with some kind of sausage. We were with her Sister and husband so we also had a couple of bottles of wine. The Dining card saved me over $50 on that meal alone!

mrtoad

We have eaten there a few times and really like it. Last time we went there we were very fortunate and got a very nice window seat that was on the end closest to the MK.

The sushi as mentioned is outstanding. It is a little loud but I think that is nice in a way as you don't feel you have to be super quite.

The only thing that I did not like if you have a window seat is that everyone will come and crowd near you when the fireworks start and a few trips back I had a woman standing near me and her privates were a little too close to my plate for me to be comfortable. I mean don't lean right on my table JUST MOVE BACK, PLEASE! is what I wanted to scream. :lol:

Cruiser237

I ate for the 1st time at the California Grill in July and although it's pricey it was by far the best meal I've ever had at Disney. :king:

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
We were just there Friday night and that was my favorite meal of the whole trip!
And, due to some bad planning on my part and trying to not make dinner interfere with evening EMH, we were at Victoria & Albert's the next night. Although we love V&A, California Grill was better!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom