California Grill Question

Disney Dawg88

Original Poster
Hey everyone! I was hoping someone could help with a question about the California Grill. My wife, 2 year old son, and I are headed down to Orlando in a couple of weeks for a couple days of vacation. We’re not going to any of the parks on this trip as we’re going to do that later on in the year for my son’s birthday. Anyway, on this trip I would like to surprise them and take them up to the California Grill to watch the MK fireworks one night. There are zero dining reservations available the days we’ll be down there, so my question is can we go there one night say around 8, grab a drink, and watch the fireworks from the observation deck? Are they only allowing people up there with dining reservations? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

castlecake2.0

They do have bar seating but I think they communicate down to the podium how much space there is and how many people to let up. Could also try dinner at one of the other monorail hotels and watch from the beach?

danyoung56

I've enjoyed many meals sitting at the bar. If you wait too long, there is a crush of people looking to do exactly what you want to do. I'd recommend heading up at least an hour before fireworks time. Tell the host or hostess down on the 2nd floor that you're just going up for drinks. If there's room you can head right up. If not, they might tell you to come back in 20 minutes or so - perfect for a once around on the monorail!

Dave B

You go thru the app and be ready right at 5 pm, you will also want to be close to the hotel as it reads your location

bee

Keep checking the app AND site for reservations! Sometimes the website doesn't work so I have to use the app, or vice versa. People cancel all the time because they booked more ADRs than they needed, or they just changed their minds and cancelled to avoid the no-show fee. And of course if this doesn't work, try to join the walk up list or get into the lounge.

BASS

I don't know the answer but I have an alternate suggestion: Capa at the Four Seasons. It's pricier (and far better) than California Grill but my family got quite a treat a couple years ago when we were able to observe the fireworks from two of the parks going off at the same time. I'm not entirely sure which parks are doing fireworks since covid, but check into it. It's a fantastic, gorgeous restaurant in a beautiful resort.

Richie248

Check the app, I was able to join the waitlist from Tomorrowland in MK (was too far when I tried joining from Main St.). Was also able to score bar seating by walking up to the podium. Had to wait about 10 min and they brought me right up. This was early July of this year. There are bar seats right when you walk in, if you turn the stool you have a nice view of the fireworks.

danyoung56

You can still get up from your bar stool, walk outside, and experience a great view and great sound (they have some pretty nice speakers out there), and then go back to your bar stool and keep on eating (or drinking)!

Hockey89

I don't know the answer but I have an alternate suggestion: Capa at the Four Seasons. It's pricier (and far better) than California Grill but my family got quite a treat a couple years ago when we were able to observe the fireworks from two of the parks going off at the same time. I'm not entirely sure which parks are doing fireworks since covid, but check into it. It's a fantastic, gorgeous restaurant in a beautiful resort.
Yeah, this. I can’t imagine going to Cal grill if I could go to Capa. It’s not even close. We have watched amazing fireworks there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom