California grill question

JonBoy

Original Poster
Hello everyone looking for some advice or thoughts please! Does anyone know when California Grill will be open? We are heading to the world in July/August and are on the DDP we have made all ADRs however we have kept 2 credits back with the hope of going to California Grill the night before we head off on Disney dream in the middle of our trip!

Should we wait for CG or book something else if so what?

All help greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Jon

WishIWasAtWDW

It looks like California Grill won't be open during your trip but there are some other really great 2 credit restaurants that you could try. I would recommend Narcoossee's or Jiko if you aren't already going to those restaurants. We had an absolutely amazing meal at Narcoossee's this past November and Jiko is my husband's favorite restaurant on property. I think both would be good substitutions for California Grill.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I too was waiting to hear more on the re-opening of the Cali Grill, I checked for updates everyday until my 180+. At one point on the disney website they had a date listed on the California Grill web page as opening Sept 1st. Two days later, it had been removed... I have a feeling it won't open til mid-late September, just like Splitsville was supposedly opening in the fall, and did not open til Winter. :(

Genie of the Lamp

Taken straight from the Spirited thread and @WDW1974 post#3137: "Just a bit of news that I don't think needs its own thread, but apparently the California Grill rehab may take longer than expected due to asbestos (yes, I would have thought they would have been dealt with in 1994, but no!) abatement. So, don't be surprised if it doesn't open until fall ... or later".

So by judging that statement, it looks like you might miss out on dining at CG (even though it hasn't been announced officially I'll take his word). I recommend what some of the others are saying in that you should give Narcosse's a try over at the Grand Floridian or dine at Jiko's over at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

WDW1974

When last I heard they were very behind schedule due to the asbestos issues and while they'd like to have it open for the usual fall free dining period, I've been told this rehab could stretch into October or even later ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom