California Adventure vs Universal Studios Hollywood

Better park?

• Total voters

bryanfze55

Disney’s relaxed height requirements really set them apart as the only family friendly theme park in the country for people with kids 5 or younger, I would guess. I mean, even Legoland, nearly every ride there has a height requirement yet it’s clearly marketed as a kids’ park. Does anyone doubt if Pirates of the Caribbean were at Uni or Legoland it would have a 40 inch height requirement?

Ryan120420

I'd still take USH's Mummy over Incredicoaster. Transformers is a better ride that Mission BO. SLOP is better than Mermaid/Monsters Inc. Jurassic World is better than GRR. Simpsons is more entertaining than Soarin'. I'd argue Kung Fu Panda is a little more engaging than Philharmagic. Then you add that USH has Forbidden Journey and Hogsmede which trumps DCA's best, Cars Land. USH is far from perfect, especially when compared to USO, but the rides present are stronger than DCA's. The only quality DCA ride that I feel USH doesn't have an answer to is Midway Mania.

And starting next year they will have an answer to that too with Mario Kart.

DanielBB8

USH has so much more screen rides compared with DCA. DCA 1.0 had a lot of screens. Golden Dreams and It’s Tough to be a Bug went away. The park was nicknamed Pressler’s multiplex. USH was criticized for the same approach. USH still offers a lot of screens instead of stages.

DLR92

I prefer the Simpsons ride over Toy Story Mania, Soarin, and Monsters.

Disney should redo Monster Inc. it really lame to recycle the same layout, vehicle of the former attraction of Superstar Limo.

J4546

My top 10 between the parks:

Grizzly Peak (I love grizzly peak) > Radiator Springs Racers > Incredicoaster > Jurassic World > GotG > Soarin' > Secret Life of Pets > Little Mermaid > Mummy Returns > TSMM

Screen based motion simulators make me sick, so that discounts most of USH rides for me. Harry Potter ride is an engineering dream but it makes me sick even though I respect how good it is haha. If those rides didnt make me sick Id prob put Harry Potter ride in the top 5. I still wouldnt put any of the other USH screen based rides on the top 10 for me though.

bryanfze55

I prefer the Simpsons ride over Toy Story Mania, Soarin, and Monsters.

Disney should redo Monster Inc. it really lame to recycle the same layout, vehicle of the former attraction of Superstar Limo.

Monsters Inc is actually a pretty good ride, all things considered. Really a classic style dark ride with lots of variety in its physical sets. Ideally should have better animatronics, but it was built twenty years ago. Really, this is the kind of ride all theme parks need more of.

DLR92

Monsters Inc is actually a pretty good ride, all things considered. Really a classic style dark ride with lots of variety in its physical sets. Ideally should have better animatronics, but it was built twenty years ago. Really, this is the kind of ride all theme parks need more of.
I just see Monstsr Inc as quick fix of Ann band aid of a former attraction that never stood out for popularity.

I never found Monster engaging attraction.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Universal. DCA sucks and is boring and feels like a generic theme park and should have remained a parking lot. Universal is unique because it is an actual movie studio with rides. and the rides are fun.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Acting like either park has a cohesive theme is kind of silly. “Ride the movies” is an activity, not a theme - and it’s essentially the key focus of both parks at this point other than the Grizzly Peak area of DCA, which is the best themed land at either park.
We found his burner account.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

It is not a lie. DCA has more of my favorite attractions and is more unique.
1622177443590.png

Ryan120420

Have you seen the ride through of it. It looks horrible. It's a mario kart ride that goes 5mph; huge disappointment based on the hype.

Since the ride relies heavily on augmented reality, I can say yes, I've seen about half of the ride.

No amount of youtube videos will be able to show the complete ride experience the way it was intended . Unless you ridden it, its really hard to make a fair judgment of the ride. The few english speaking guests that have been on the ride and given a review of it have said it is a good ride.

Giss Neric

I'd still take USH's Mummy over Incredicoaster. Transformers is a better ride that Mission BO. SLOP is better than Mermaid/Monsters Inc. Jurassic World is better than GRR. Simpsons is more entertaining than Soarin'. I'd argue Kung Fu Panda is a little more engaging than Philharmagic. Then you add that USH has Forbidden Journey and Hogsmede which trumps DCA's best, Cars Land. USH is far from perfect, especially when compared to USO, but the rides present are stronger than DCA's. The only quality DCA ride that I feel USH doesn't have an answer to is Midway Mania.
You're comparing attractions that are totally different in terms of ride systems. Mummy is a hybrid of indoor coaster and dark ride while Incredicoaster is just straight up rollercoaster. Transformers is a 3D dark ride while Mission BO is a drop ride. Simpsons is a 3D simulator while Soarin is a non-3D flying theater.

Californian Elitist

You're comparing attractions that are totally different in terms of ride systems. Mummy is a hybrid of indoor coaster and dark ride while Incredicoaster is just straight up rollercoaster. Transformers is a 3D dark ride while Mission BO is a drop ride. Simpsons is a 3D simulator while Soarin is a non-3D flying theater.
This thread asks which park we prefer between DCA and USH, hence the ride comparisons.

Professortango1

Yes, but similar ride elements and design. Mummy and Incredicoaster are coasters with some light theming and music. Incredicoaster was better as Screamin' since they weren't trying to turn it into a themed story attraction that they couldn't pull off. Transformers and Mission BO are both screen-based action adventure rides with riders on a motion base. Both even use elevators, but that's a stretch as its not a noticeable element for Transformers. Simpsons and Soarin are both sitting in a motion controlled ride vehicle experiencing the sensation of movement through a large curved projection screen.

Its valid to compare these rides. Just as someone compared RSR and HPATFJ. The rides are very different, but they are both flagship thrill dark rides in a highly immersive land themed around the IP.

Sharon&Susan

We got one true apples for apples comparison to make between these two parks: moving walkway at the end of the Little Mermaid vs. the StarWay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom