bye-bye Play 4 Days Pass?

imagineersrock

Original Poster
just curious if this Florida-resident deal is a replacment of the usually popular "Play 4 days pass" [This is straight off of the disneyworld.com site.]

Florida Resident 3-Day Play Pass

Have great fun Disney style for three glorious days - for the price a non-Florida resident pays for the 2-Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket. Florida residents can purchase the 3-Day Play Pass for only:

$119 (Ages 10 and up) plus tax
$96 (Ages 3-9) plus tax

You can enjoy one theme park per day for 3 days for up to six months from its first use! And, best of all, there are no block out dates.

Plus, you can apply the price of the 3-Day Play Pass towards the purchase of an Annual or Seasonal Pass!

The 3-Day Play Pass is available for purchase online or by calling (407) WDW-MAGIC (939-6244)†.

DDuckFan130

Certainly sounds like it. I was looking up ticket prices for my best friend and when I saw the price of that Play 3 Days pass I realized that's how much the Play 4 Days passes were. Weird. Oh well, the unfortunate thing is that you're paying the same amount but for less parks and less days. On the upside, we only go to MK, Epcot, and MGM.

JPVonDrake

The 3 Day Play pass is an always available year around offer. Don't expect the special limited offers to go away completely...

DDuckFan130

JPVonDrake said:
The 3 Day Play pass is an always available year around offer. Don't expect the special limited offers to go away completely...
Good point. I forgot that this is all year, while Play 4 Days is during special seasons or whatever.

MissM

But you can't park hop on your three days (three one-park days) AND it's the same cost as the old park hop 4 days pass.

Bah. Crappy bit of change for us FL residents in my book. *grump*
-m

DDuckFan130

MissM said:
But you can't park hop on your three days (three one-park days) AND it's the same cost as the old park hop 4 days pass.

-m
For now, can't complain because we have season passes :D. When they expire, I'll complain :lol:.

chancellor

The seasonal passes are still the best deal for Florida residents. You get about 270 days of park hopping for $199 (only $80 more than that crappy 3-day deal). That's roughly the same price as a 4-day "Magic Your Way" ticket with park hopper option. Looking at it another way, it's 75% of an annual pass for 66% of the price (53% when compared to a non-resident AP).

(oops - I just checked, they raised the seasonal pass to $209. Still a good deal in relation to the other price increases). :hammer:

PhotoDave219

MissM said:

-m

Ya know, from my days in Research i can tell you first hand how horribly those passes were abused. Despite all the "need florida ID" up the wazoo that happened, i'd say at least 1 out of every 4 people i stopped (who came in on a Florida Res P4D) wasn't from Florida. Usually a relative here in FLA would buy the tickets and get the family in.

So blame teh scammers as much as you blame the Mouse. I dont like the taking away the Park Hopping abilities, but shell out a lil more and you can get a seasonal that does park hop.... Perhaps thats the idea?

chancellor

PhotoDave219 said:
So blame teh scammers as much as you blame the Mouse. I dont like the taking away the Park Hopping abilities, but shell out a lil more and you can get a seasonal that does park hop.... Perhaps thats the idea?

You're probably right, since the whole driving force behind Magic Your Way is "upsell, upsell, upsell." Not that I mind; I buy seasonal passes anyway.

MissM

PhotoDave219 said:
but shell out a lil more and you can get a seasonal that does park hop.... Perhaps thats the idea?
See, that's the problem though. Not all of us have the "lilttle bit more" to shell out at one time. Last time, we bought the Play 4 Days, enjoyed four days between mostly MK and Epcot and then paid the difference to upgrade. It's much easier to come up with $119 x 2 and then seperately come up with the upgrade which was like $79 x 2 then it is $209 x 2. It's why we don't just have outright AP's. I don't have $600 in cash just laying around and I don't use credit cards.

Just seems like it rips you off in the meantime. You don't get nearly as much as you used to. Great that they're giving all these massive discounts to people who live in other states to stay for 7 to 10 days, but ya know, they can't shoot FL residents in the foot and expect to keep their attendence numbers as high as they've been last year. You get more residents with honey then vinegar is all I'm saying.
-m

Pixie Duster

The new 3 Day Play passes do not have any blockouts and are good for six months.

P.S. In the interest of being fair we are being very strict about needing ID to buy FL Res tickets. Very, very strict.

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
Although I love the Play4Days passes, we were affected by the balckout dates last year and had to get a 1 day ticket to round out our trip. Seasonals...again I love them...but unfortunately we travel during blackout dates so it doesn't help me.

Here are the options I'm looking at:
1. My first option will be getting the 3 Day Play pass plus 1 hopping day for our next trip $178.75.
2. Annual Pass $319 but not 100% sure that I'll be back within a year to make it cost effective.
3. A 7 day ticket with the Hopping and Non-Expiration options added $276 (The Disney website isn't giving me a 10day option so I can't calc the cost)

I'm leaning towards the 7 day and I'll save 3 days for a future trip but if my travel mates choose option 1 then I'll probably go that way too just to save some $ now.

Ugh...they've made things so complicated!

NautOneFL

Would be a little nice if Florida Residents had access to the Unlimited Magic passes also. These are available when you stay at an on-campus resort. They are the same as a Premium Pass, but you can pick the number of days you want it for.

Just my $0.02.

-J

JPVonDrake

got2lovedisney,

Before you buy a 3 day and a 1 day pass...

The Florida Resident savings don't stop at 3 days. FL residents get:
3 days for the price of 2 (good for 6 months)
or 4 days for the price of 3 (good for 14 days)
or 5 days for the price of 4 (good for 14 days)
or 6 days for the price of 5 (good for 14 days)
or 7 days for the price of 6 (good for 14 days)

All add-on options are available (park-hopping, Magic Plus, no expiration)

And these are all year-round offers, something Disney has not done before. Don't count out the fact that Disney may still offer limited-time FL offers (simular to PLAY 4) during low seasons.

NautOneFL

The Ultimate Park Hopper ticket for Disney Resort Guest no longer exist. All vacation packages come with the same Magic Your Way Choices.

aimster

Considering I only used 3 days on the Play 4 Days pass I got last fall, and when I go to WDW I usually just do one park per day, these new 3 day passes sound right up my alley. And I like how they're good for 6 months. Can spread put the visits a bit more. I had to try to cram in 4 visits between August-mid November last year and it was hard... one reason I wasn't able to use that last day. So I'm tempted to get one of these new passes.

Woody13

Pixie Duster said:
The new 3 Day Play passes do not have any blockouts and are good for six months.

P.S. In the interest of being fair we are being very strict about needing ID to buy FL Res tickets. Very, very strict.

Now we just need the state of Florida to get very, very strict about issuing driver licenses and ID cards.

I really liked the Play 4 days pass, but this year we wont be gettin one.
To inform you of the other florida residents rates they are:
Premium annual pass 10+=$415
3-9= $353
Annual Pass 10+=$315
3-9=$268
Seasonal Pass 10+=$209
3-9= $178

3 day play pass 10+=119
3-9=96
1 day 10+=53.75
3-9=43.20
1 day (with park hopper) 10+=59.75
3-9= 48

Sorry if the spacin is wrong.

DDuckFan130

Woody13 said:
Now we just need the state of Florida to get very, very strict about issuing driver licenses and ID cards.
Waiiit let me get my license, THEN you can get strict :lol:. I'm about to turn 20 and still haven't gotten my license. I'm trying to avoid it because the thought of taking that test is freaking me out :lol:.

Sorry for the thread drift :rolleyes:.

aimster

I just moved, so I need to get a new license to reflect my new address. My current license doesn't expire until 2006, but I HATE the photo of me on it (doesn't even look like me anymore) so I'm just going to go ahead and get a whole new one.

Slipknot

Here in South Florida, the local newspaper has ads in it for the 3-day-passes. They look a lot like the P4Days ads that I saw all the time. Oh well, I'm happy with my Seasonal Florida Resident pass. :D :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom