Buzzy Documentary?

wdwrocks1971

Original Poster
Apologies if this is the wrong place for this. Don't really know where to post it.

A random craigslist post popped up about "seeking interview subjects for documentary feature"
it mentions the Buzzy animatronic heist. Sounds like someone is making a documentary about Buzzy?
Have there been any updates about this case? Haven't heard anything about it in awhile.

Here's the listing:

JoeCamel

Apologies if this is the wrong place for this. Don't really know where to post it.

A random craigslist post popped up about "seeking interview subjects for documentary feature"
it mentions the Buzzy animatronic heist. Sounds like someone is making a documentary about Buzzy?
Have there been any updates about this case? Haven't heard anything about it in awhile.

Here's the listing:

Isnt Craigslist just a swap meet for cops and robbers these days? Interesting place to post.
Maybe it IS the cops wanting to crack a cold case and find Buzzy. Get gullible Bob to spill the beans on camera thinking it was a show and turns out he is the show.
They set up fake pawn shops.....

dreday3

This person has been all over social media the past couple of days asking to speak with former Disney security people, specifically about people who've been able to sneak into areas where guests aren't allowed.

They should probably be careful with these kinds of requests.

One might say this person is cruisin' for a bruisin'. :D (metaphorically)

Last edited:

wdwrocks1971

Original Poster
This person has been all over social media the past couple of days asking to speak with former Disney security people, specifically about people who've been able to sneak into areas where guests aren't allowed.

They should probably be careful with these kinds of requests.

One might say this person is cruisin' for a bruisin'. :D
Who's gonna bruise them? Backdoordisney? lol

wdwrocks1971

Original Poster
Another message board and in various Facebook groups. Hotel ones weirdly as we are trip planning so I've joined them. I'm sure it's nothing nefarious, I just thought it was weird. :)
Huh weird. Probably someone that's not a fan so they're just posting everywhere to see if they get a hit. True crime youtube channel or something trying to generate some clickbait

DCBaker

Premium Member
Is this the result?

"Following the success of Jackass Forever this year, director Jeff Tremaine has found a new set troublemakers to focus on as they cause havoc at the Happiest Place on earth. Tremaine is producing Stolen Kingdom, a documentary film chronicling the 30-year history of wrongdoing and debauchery at Walt Disney World Resort, and how it led to the theft of an audio-animatronic valued at almost $500,000 on the black market.

First-time filmmakers Joshua Bailey and Sam Fraser of White Lake are directing."

“Josh and Sam somehow found me and introduced me to this story I found so compelling,” Tremaine said. “I was inspired by not only this story but by these young filmmakers. Having been a part of some Disneyland misbehavior, I’m excited to be involved in this.”

OrlandoRising

Is this the result?

"Following the success of Jackass Forever this year, director Jeff Tremaine has found a new set troublemakers to focus on as they cause havoc at the Happiest Place on earth. Tremaine is producing Stolen Kingdom, a documentary film chronicling the 30-year history of wrongdoing and debauchery at Walt Disney World Resort, and how it led to the theft of an audio-animatronic valued at almost $500,000 on the black market.

First-time filmmakers Joshua Bailey and Sam Fraser of White Lake are directing."

“Josh and Sam somehow found me and introduced me to this story I found so compelling,” Tremaine said. “I was inspired by not only this story but by these young filmmakers. Having been a part of some Disneyland misbehavior, I’m excited to be involved in this.”

This isn't the only Buzzy documentary in production.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom