News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smile

No, what he has shown us is entitlement rules the world. He trespasses and all of a sudden Disney is supposed to pay security to cover every square inch of the property to insure that the rest of the human race acts responsibly and obeys laws. Talk about transferring guilt to the victim. What has happened to humanity?

do this, don't do that...
can't you read the sign?

draybook

No, what he has shown us is entitlement rules the world. He trespasses and all of a sudden Disney is supposed to pay security to cover every square inch of the property to insure that the rest of the human race acts responsibly and obeys laws. Talk about transferring guilt to the victim. What has happened to humanity?

If they can pay 20 people to stand around at the TTC and hassle families about their cans of baby formula, I don't think it's that out of this world to think they could construst a barrier that's not easily bypassed.

Goofyernmost

If they can pay 20 people to stand around at the TTC and hassle families about their cans of baby formula, I don't think it's that out of this world to think they could construst a barrier that's not easily bypassed.
I never said it wasn't possible, but, if PEOPLE could be law abiding and respectful of the property of others it wouldn't be necessary. Disney is not at fault here. Should you have to put up fences to prevent people from invading your privacy? You shouldn't even have to lock your doors, but, since people suck big time, you have too. However, your house doesn't cover the amount of land that WDW does. How do they cover that area completely. Answer they can't and if people respected those boundaries they would not need too at all.

draybook

I never said it wasn't possible, but, if PEOPLE could be law abiding and respectful of the property of others it wouldn't be necessary. Disney is not at fault here. Should you have to put up fences to prevent people from invading your privacy? You shouldn't even have to lock your doors, but, since people suck big time, you have too. However, your house doesn't cover the amount of land that WDW does. How do they cover that area completely. Answer they can't and if people respected those boundaries they would not need too at all.

If they can put up a 12 story or whatever DVC tower that wasn't really needed, I'm pretty sure they can secure the perimeter of the Magic Kingdom...

Also, the house to Disney comparison has been debunked. They are nothing alike. But I'm not disagreeing with you about fault, Sonswa and others like him are at fault. But a company like Disney should be proactive. Like I said, they can beef up security at the entrances to the parks but nobody can figure out that the parks are easily accessed by a dude that wears flip flops when he does his urban exploring?

Prog

Pretty much all security is just theater. Law and order mostly stems from the fact that most of us are happy to not rock the boat or be malicious. There is always another way to get somewhere you're not supposed to, and Disney is not going to be able to stop it. Heck, at one point, two randos practically lived in Horizons for weeks on end.

The "beefed up" security at the front gate is just a farce. It makes the guests feel safer, and it makes the dumbest of the potential criminals too scared to try anything.

Goofyernmost

If they can put up a 12 story or whatever DVC tower that wasn't really needed, I'm pretty sure they can secure the perimeter of the Magic Kingdom...

Also, the house to Disney comparison has been debunked. They are nothing alike. But I'm not disagreeing with you about fault, Sonswa and others like him are at fault. But a company like Disney should be proactive. Like I said, they can beef up security at the entrances to the parks but nobody can figure out that the parks are easily accessed by a dude that wears flip flops when he does his urban exploring?
Barriers stop nothing. Delay and make more difficult perhaps, but, unless it is a mile high it can be gone over or the area looks like a prison. Maybe razor wire so all they have to do is go around in the morning picking up bodies that bled to death. Like I said, it is possible, but, just plain should not have to happen. Or more likely they get within the barriers legally, and just hide out until dark and then they are already there. I don't want WDW to resemble Attica.

My95cobras

So you’re for a wall. Interesting.

draybook

That is the same argument that is currently coming out from Washington. Barriers stop nothing. Delay and make more difficult perhaps, but, unless it is a mile high it can be gone over or the area looks like a prison. Maybe razor wire so all they have to do is go around in the morning picking up bodies that bled to death. Like I said, it is possible, but, just plain should not have to happen. Or more likely they get within the barriers legally, and just hide out until dark and then they are already there. I don't want WDW to resemble Attica.

The park is surrounded by trees and the like. It wouldn't have to be a supermax type barrier.

seascape

So you’re for a wall. Interesting.
One has nothing to do with the other. More DVCs are needed. So are more hotel rooms. Disney needs to expand the parks also and a 5th gate within the next 10 years. However all this actually depends on the definition of need because in actuality nothing is needed except food clothing and housing. Neither Disney nor Universal are actually needed.

My95cobras

One has nothing to do with the other. More DVCs are needed. So are more hotel rooms. Disney needs to expand the parks also and a 5th gate within the next 10 years. However all this actually depends on the definition of need because in actuality nothing is needed except food clothing and housing. Neither Disney nor Universal are actually needed.

I agree with you.

tigger1968

The problem is that when anyone watches one of his videos, he makes money off the adds You Tube sells. Boycott his videos and he will stop making them. Disney and every other locations he has put up on You Tube should also sue You Tube to make them remove these videos. They are an attractive nuisance and will cause others to be injured. You Tube is as much to blame as fools who make the videos.
Sadly people won't stop watching. But I'm sure this isn't about making money for him. It's about the attention. I used a calculator I found that estimates payments per video views and even his most popular video (ironically not a WDW one) only generates $261. So he's not getting rich on this. And to touch on his apparent retirement of sorts....He'll be back. Guys like him can't stay away from the attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom