Buzz Score: 999,999

pax_65

Original Poster
In our last trip to WDW, my 8-year-old daughter scored 999,999 on Buzz Lightyear!

I noticed when we went by one scene that she shot something that made a volcano appear to erupt. I had never noticed this happening before. I think that's where she might have scored mega points.

Anyone have any clue how this works? We went back on the ride several times after that but were unable to duplicate that score or effect.

Jon

se8472

A few of the targets are worth mega points such as the volcano.

Some are worth as much as 100,000 by themselves.

raven

I know that there are a few targets that are hidden. One is when you come into a room and you have to turn your vehicle around and it's on the wall. Another huge one is in the movie section of the ride. It's on the wall but the projected image is hiding it very well. You just have to know where it is. Hope this helps a little. :wave:

disneyfamily

I once was stuck in one place on the ride for 15 min. I kept shooting this jack in the box type thing and behind the alien in the box was another target worth some big points. I eventually got up to 999,999,999

goofyfan13

disneyfamily said:
I once was stuck in one place on the ride for 15 min. I kept shooting this jack in the box type thing and behind the alien in the box was another target worth some big points. I eventually got up to 999,999,999

It doesn't go that high, your about 3 figures too many...:lol: :wave:
I got it once, but I think my gun was broken because I got up there pretty fast, and I haven't broken 400,000 since then. :brick:

HunnyPot

My Dh scored that one time. He cheated though...the ride was stopped, not turned off, just stopped at one spot. He kept shooting the same target over and over again until he got full points!

One time I scored really high, around 400,000, which is high for me, and it was because I hit some target that got extra points. Congrats to your daughter! I'm sure she was really excited! :sohappy:

Laura

Premium Member
Ok I want some tips for this ride. The only target I know is the back of the robot's arm. Other than that, I stink! What else can I shoot for big points?

Cuseorng1

I have noticed on Buzz Lightyear, that some of the vehicles guns dont work properly, and the score rises to 999,999 on those vehicles very rapidly. So some of you might not be as good as you thought on that ride.

wdwwedding2004

haha i always do AWFUL on this ride! mainly because i ride with my husband who takes control of the joystick and go figure as i aim my gun, he turns the car to shoot at something else :) he always does fabulous on this ride!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I got ~625,000 on my last trip, for my "real" high score. I got 918,500 during a ride that included at least one stop of the ride, so I can't count that.

My tips - the volcano, the robot on the wall in the first room, and the legs of the robot on Zurg in room #3, the one with targets on both sides. Basically, the harder it is to shoot, the bigger the points. And I don't know if this is true, but it seems a "direct" hit (in the black sensor in the middle) gets you more points than hitting anywhere else on the "Z".

disneyfamily

goofyfan13 said:
It doesn't go that high, your about 3 figures too many...:lol: :wave:
I got it once, but I think my gun was broken because I got up there pretty fast, and I haven't broken 400,000 since then. :brick:

Doh! You are correct sir! :hammer:

tracyandalex

wdwwedding2004 said:
haha i always do AWFUL on this ride! mainly because i ride with my husband who takes control of the joystick and go figure as i aim my gun, he turns the car to shoot at something else :) he always does fabulous on this ride!

lol :lol: alex always does the same thing to me then tells me that i stink and he needs a new partner :hammer: :p

tracy

pax_65

Original Poster
Cuseorng1 said:
I have noticed on Buzz Lightyear, that some of the vehicles guns dont work properly, and the score rises to 999,999 on those vehicles very rapidly. So some of you might not be as good as you thought on that ride.

I was wondering this too... even though my daughter hit the volcano on that ride, I still had to wonder - unless that was worth 750,000 or more by itself.

On subsequent rides, she didn't reach 100,000.

But I'll let her continue to think she's a "Galactic Hero"!!!

seanftzsmns

disneyfamily said:

Ya same thing happened to me it's actually 999,999. but my brother didnt know how i got so many points cuz he couldnt shoot any good targets from where he was so i always bring up how i got the all time high and how he sucks when we ride.

crazycalf

I got the high score when I was stopped right after the first room and was able to hit the target under the claw a bunch of times.

The highest I ever scored without stopping was in the 700,000 range somewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom