Buzz Lightyear's January REHAB

FLcastmember

Original Poster
Buzz will be closed for refurbishment beginning Wednesday, January 4 through Wednesday, February 8, reopening Thursday, February 9, 2006.

Slipknot

Finally!!! With all the cars getting error messages and being covered on a daily basis, it is about time. Hopefully the handheld guns will become a reality.

Sulley

My guess is they're bringing in the online gaming interaction from Disneyland, along with standard rehab stuff. I highly doubt they'll spend the money for new guns.

-BUZZ

SewIn2Disney

You have got to be kidding me.
I'm going in Jan (getting there on the 5th) with my friend who is, in a word, obsessed with Toy Story and that ride. He is going to freak out when I tell him this. And I mean freak out. This is not going to be pretty. (And he's a 21 year old.....one would think mature, but no.)
Arg.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
SewIn2Disney said:
You have got to be kidding me.
I'm going in Jan (getting there on the 5th) with my friend who is, in a word, obsessed with Toy Story and that ride. He is going to freak out when I tell him this. And I mean freak out. This is not going to be pretty. (And he's a 21 year old.....one would think mature, but no.)
Arg.

Well, use the reasoning I always do for rehabs: Its a reason to come back.

imagineersrock

KumbaRider said:
So if they change the blasters then maybe it will actually be worth riding, like Men In Black?

I've always considered it a worth-while ride... But I do admit I enjoyed DL's hand held guns much more than ours. While I'd like to see those added to ours, I doubt it would happen.

TopRowSeat

Buzz Rehab Confirm?

I called Disney and they don't have this in their computers yet. Honestly, I will change my vacation plans from the last week in January because of this.

My 4 year old simply would not understand and it would put a major damper on our vacation.

We can survive without Test Track, Splash Mountain.... but we can't live without Buzz......

How solid is this rehab information?

Can anyone confirm so I can start looking for a different week?

TopRowSeat

FLcastmember said:

Sincerely, Thank you for the info... even though this ruins my day :(

Now it's just a matter of how much it's going to cost me to change dates. I guess I am fortunate in that I can be flexible in my travel times... but this could get expensive changing flights and all that...

I will be in WDW in January - and while I am sad to see Buzz down for the durration of my stay - is there any chance that another attraction could be opened in ther interim? Namely, Timekeeper...

Thanks for the heads up, though :wave:

Slipknot

FLcastmember said:

100% Every one of us who works in the area knows about the rehab. We just have no clue as to what exactly it will be for. I have heard that vehicles and guns will be replaced and I have heard that only the pressure mats that detect intrusions will be replaced. We will have to wait and see.

bgraham34 said:
What kind of errors? Is there a good chance I might not be able to shoot when I ride it in Dec.

That depends on wheather or not your vehicle/gun decides to stop working properly when you ride it. When there are more than 25% of vehicles not working properly, we shut the attraction till maintenance fixes them (which hasn't happened at all since I have worked there, or even at all from what I understand).

nibblesandbits

FLcastmember said:
Buzz will be closed for refurbishment beginning Wednesday, January 4 through Wednesday, February 8, reopening Thursday, February 9, 2006.

NOOOOOOO!!!! It closes the exact day I get down there! Well crap! :fork:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom