Buzz Lightyear rehab question

noname70

Original Poster
Hi-I've been reading on these boards and others (mousesavers/Dis) that Buzz will be down for a long rehab in January 06. However, there is still nothing posted on the official WDW site. I just called WDW CRO and the rep said they have nothing on this. They did of course have other attraction rehab info listed out as far as next spring.
Why is this? Just how late would WDW wait to announce this tragic news?:fork:

SewIn2Disney

Hmmmm.....that's odd. I'm leaving in 35 days, and I know it closes the day before I get there. In the section called "my vacation" on the WDW website, you can put in your favorite attractions, and some of mine included Timekeeper, CoP, Liberty Square Riverboat, Buzz, etc. I have a message in the my messages section stating that the first three will be closed (and it says Living seas is still closed....) But it makes no mention of Buzz. Maybe they won't close it after all! (Wishful thinking)

Slipknot

As a CM who works in Tomorrowland, I can assure you that Buzz is going down for a rehab in January. A bunch of engineers were in there with blueprints yesterday and they kept saying January. Of course, the general public (outside disney fan sites, that is) won't hear about it till even days before it happens. :wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Slade said:
As a CM who works in Tomorrowland, I can assure you that Buzz is going down for a rehab in January. A bunch of engineers were in there with blueprints yesterday and they kept saying January. Of course, the general public (outside disney fan sites, that is) won't hear about it till even days before it happens. :wave:
Please tell me that somewhere on those blueprints there are guns that aren't bolted to the car.

Legacy

Master Yoda said:
Please tell me that somewhere on those blueprints there are guns that aren't bolted to the car.
What a great idea! Then Disney can immitate Universal!!!

:D

:lol:

:animwink:

RSoxNo1

I was on Buzz last week and I couldn't find the 100k point target. I thought it was on the circular thing in the first room that's perpendicular to all the other targets. Apparently I was wrong.

Slipknot

Master Yoda said:

Didn't see exactly what they had in their hands, but the queue will be different when they are done. :zipit:

MeTa

Slade said:
Didn't see exactly what they had in their hands, but the queue will be different when they are done. :zipit:

That sounds promising, as much as I like the ride never liked the queue area...it lacked dimension. Painted batteries and what not. I thought it wasnt exaclty Disney style....Except for the Buzz animatronic and the etch-a-sketch.

WDWCPbrandon

noname70 said:
Hi-I've been reading on these boards and others (mousesavers/Dis) that Buzz will be down for a long rehab in January 06. However, there is still nothing posted on the official WDW site. I just called WDW CRO and the rep said they have nothing on this. They did of course have other attraction rehab info listed out as far as next spring.
Why is this? Just how late would WDW wait to announce this tragic news?:fork:

Looking at the list of refurbishments that has been listed on the Cast Portal. I can confirm that Buzz will be closed for refurbishment in January. It is posted as a month long rehab, beginning Wednesday Jan 4th through Wednesday February 8th. With it reopening on the 9th. I don't know how extensive of a rehab it is going to be though.
Hopefully that helps some.

Magic Maker

Disneyland's Buzz ride kicks WDW Buzz ride in the rear several times. And the guns are not bolted to the car.
Course when WDW's Buzz was built that was all that was available at the time.

kverdon

I've been on Buzz a number of times this week and it really needs a rehab. Many of the moving targets are not moving it seems and some of the guns need work. I'm really hoping that they change it over to the Disneyland version with different value targets and non-fixed guns. Don't mean to sound smug but now that I know where the targets are in the WDW Buzz, I can get 999999 pretty easy now.

Kevin and Mona :xmas:

crazycalf

RSoxNo1 said:
I was on Buzz last week and I couldn't find the 100k point target. I thought it was on the circular thing in the first room that's perpendicular to all the other targets. Apparently I was wrong.

Are you talking about the one at the end of the first room on the hand of the claw that you pass underneath?

mpaul32001

I don't think making the guns not bolted would be imitating Universal because other disney parks have it that way. It would really be imitating another disney park and that doesn't really matter because they just did it tons with the HCOE.

Mallen19

Is the date this ride is going to reopen (Thursday 9th Feb ?) likely to change. Just wondering as thats the day we fly back to the UK, so hoping to get to ride the newly rehabed Buzz in the morning of the 9th, thanks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom