Buying park tickets at AAA using Reward Dollars?

WishIwasThere

I am staying at the SoG as a veteran, but cannot buy the tickets there (need to be active or reserves), so I plan on buying them at AAA and would like to use my Disney Reward Dollars to pay for most of the cost, (racked up alot over the past few years). Has anyone done this? Looking to find out before I go buy the tickets and find that I can only use the Reward Dollars online.

TURKEY

The Disney Rewards Card is only good if you purchase directly with Disney (room, tickets, etc).

You can't go to AAA and purchase the discounted tickets with your card as you pay them, not Disney.

Upvote 0

smk

Wasn't there just an offer for veterans and retired/active duty military? I can"remember if it had a cut off date or not, a thread search will give you the details that I have forgotten!

EDIT: guess only retired or active duty get the discount....doesn't seem fair to me. I think all veterans should get the deal too....sorry.

Upvote 0

rickmusic53

Shades of Green

No, just veteran, not retired military. They let veterans stay there in September and January (the quiet months), but I can't buy the discounted tickets. Thanks anyway. Not True, retired military can stay at Shades of Green just like anyone else. I'm retired and stay there every year. I do everything thru tickets and tours at Tinker Air Force Base.

Upvote 0

Jessie&Buzz

What he is saying is that he is a Veteran and didn't retire from the military. There is a huge difference when it comes to benefits. I'm glad to see that they are letting Veterans stay at SoG even if it's only 2 months out of the year. I think they should be allowed to stay there and buy tickets too. Even if you didn't retire you still served.

To the OP: Thank you for serving from a current military family to a Veteran.

Upvote 0

WishIwasThere

Original Poster
The Disney Rewards Card is only good if you purchase directly with Disney (room, tickets, etc).

You can't go to AAA and purchase the discounted tickets with your card as you pay them, not Disney.

I wasn't sure how it worked with AAA. I can purchase park tickets online w/ a credit card through the Disney website and pick them up at AAA. The benefit of that is you get the AAA perks, like the diamond parking pass. I suppose I'll just have to call Disney and order the tickets, that way I can use my reward dollars and just ask if I can pick them up at the local AAA. Just thought I'd post this question to see if anyone had done this in the past.

Regarding veteran benefits, yes there is a huge difference between being a retired vet and just a vet who did less than 20 years of service. This is my first time staying at the SoG. Last time I used them, when I was in the reserves, they were shut down for the refurbishment and we were put up in the CR. Nothing like paying $65 a night for a $300 room. :king:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom