Buying Old Cast Member Shirts

Pixie Duster

Yes it does, but times are different now.

Walk time is being compensated for how long it takes for you to get let's say from costuming to your work area.

In most cases CMs from other areas cannot be avoided, but it sometimes happens that the CMs are being lazy.

mrtoad

Pixie Duster said:
Yes it does, but times are different now.

Walk time is being compensated for how long it takes for you to get let's say from costuming to your work area.

In most cases CMs from other areas cannot be avoided, but it sometimes happens that the CMs are being lazy.

So do the utiladors not have entrances in each land (other than Toontown Fair)?

egionet

mrtoad said:
The reason I ask is we have seen on two occasions a CM out of place. I can't remember one of them but one was an Adventureland male CM from the Jungle Cruise talking to a female CM from the Hall of Pres.

It thought it was pretty bad.

The reason they would be together in Liberty Square would be because of parade duty. Most everyone in attractions gets scheduled for parade duty. Since the parade only runs through Liberty Square and not Adventureland, the Adventureland CMs have their parade section with the Liberty Square CMs. This is also due to the fact that they are run by the same set of managers. You will also see Toontown people in front of the castle during the parade because that is Fantasyland's section of the parade (Toontown has the same managers as Fantasyland).

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Dani,

hun. If a costume piece is payroll deducted from a CM, then they legally own the costume piece. That's one way of getting something out legitimately. Also, property control has had CM costumes for sale before.

WDWScottieBoy

I have been wanting one of the Epcot shirts that the CMs wear, it is blue and has what looks like a bunch of different SSE images on it in silver. I would pay over $100 for one of those shirts. I'm off to ebay to see if I can find one!

KevinPage

mrtoad said:
I have seen stuff for sale on eBay and see no problem with it if it is "vintage" stuff.

Vintage is just another term for "nastywear" :lol:

Ok, so I stole that line from a episode of Seinfeld :D

Pixie Duster

I have never had to pay for my costume at WDW, not a single piece. Disney Store yes, I did buy my shirts, but at WDW I have not had anything deducted from my paycheck pertaining to costuming.

How long ago did PC sell CM Costumes????

WDWScottieBoy

mkt said:
y'mean the ugly purple park greeter ones that cost Disney $15?

I could've sworn they were blue, and yes! I just love the deisgns on them. I wanted to get a picture of one when I was there but never did. I just thinking having SSE all over a shirt is awesome!

Yen_Sid1

mrtoad said:
I have a question. Do they still have a rule that you can not wear your costumes out of your land. I know you are at AK but, I know that part of the reason Walt wanted the utilidors (spelling?) at the Magic Kingdom was because he hated that in Disneyland CMs had to travel through other lands to get to the dressing rooms and were out of place.

The reason I ask is we have seen on two occasions a CM out of place. I can't remember one of them but one was an Adventureland male CM from the Jungle Cruise talking to a female CM from the Hall of Pres.

It thought it was pretty bad.

What really looks bad is over at Dinosaur, is that people wearing costumes from other areas while working at Dinosaur. I have seen costumes from the Boneyard, Dino-Rama, TiTW, and even the Safari all working at the same time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom