Buying NEW AP Instead of Renewing

ToTBellHop

We currently have Sorcerer passes that expire this weekend. We aren’t returning until August 2024, so we don’t want to renew. However, we will want IncrediPasses for August 2024-August 2025.

Given the constant risk of APs being removed from sale or prices increasing, can I buy the new APs now with the knowledge that I have a year to activate or will this be forced into a renewal if I buy those new APs now?

I recognize we are sacrificing the renewal discount, but we decided to see other vacation destinations for a year. It’s a break, not a break-up.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
If you wait 30 days after your passes expire your “renewal period” will have lapsed and you can purchase new APs outright.
What I am wondering is if you have to wait the 30 days. My current passes expire today.

I guess I should just wait. Don’t want a costly mistake. Have to hope Iger doesn’t decide prices need to rise over the next 30 days.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
If anyone ever wonders in the future, no, you don’t have to wait the 30 days to buy a new one to activate later. I called today and they were able to sell me a new IncrediPass so I have the certificate to activate by next October.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Thanks @nickys. If it were a renewal you do have a year to “activate” but the clock starts ticking on your renewal date to use it for the year.
The difference is if I got a renewal, it would have expired 10/7/24. With the new pass, I can have it August 2024-August 2025. So the renewal, even with the $200 discount, didn’t make sense.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom