Buying Meal Vouchers

RAMBLER5678

Hi I was reading on another site about buying meal vochers to use at disneyworld. Would love to hear from anyone thats brought and used them. Was wondering if the breakfast voucher would be good at cape may charcter breakfast.
Thanks

DisneyWorld30th

This is not my work...I found this at another Forum Board!!

One of the best places I've found to buy vouchers is http://www.hotwiresavingsclub.com. You get a 1 month free trial and can buy up to 40 vouchers. They are the exact same vouchers on eBay. The ones being sold now are valid until 5/31/2005. And yes, tax and tip ARE included on all vouchers.

*I bought some Breakfast and Quick & Casual vouchers for our upcoming trip. If you would like to see what they look like, I scanned them and posted them on a page on my personal website. http://david_l_mills.tripod.com/voucher.html

If you save money or not depends on where you use them and what you order. A few good examples of the $11.50 Q&C voucher:

Coronado Springs Pepper Market
Entrée and side: Ribeye Steak with Potato and Veggies = $17.95
Non-alcoholic drink: Smoothie = $3.95
Dessert = $4.95
Tax & Gratuity = $5.88
Total: $32.73
Savings: $21.23

Beaches & Cream Soda Shop at Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resort
Entree and side: Grilled Prime Rib Sub with fries $10.99
Non-alcoholic drink: MangoSmoothie$3.79
Dessert: 3 Scoop Sundae Ice Cream $7.99
Taxes & Gratuities $5.25
Total: $28.02
Savings: $16.52

One great example of the $31.00 Lunch voucher (sometimes referred to as a Premium voucher):

Animal Kingdom’s Rainforest Cafe
Appetizer: Shrimp Cocktail $9.99
Entree: Main Stuffed Lobster $39.95
Dessert: Bananas Foster $6.99
Beverage: Soda $2.49
Tax: $3.57
Tip: $9.45
Total: $72.44
Savings: $41.44

Also, the adult Breakfast voucher is $18.25; Chef Mickey's adult charge is $16.99 + drink + tax + tip = a few bucks more than $18.25 so you would end up saving a few bucks.

Some places, i.e. AS Resorts, will accept different vouchers for the same meal. You could use a Q&C voucher or a Lunch voucher for the same meal but pay $11.50 Q&C or $31.00 Lunch. You've got to do some research to make it worth while but it can end up saving you some serious money!

The meal vouchers come in 3 different forms. There are the Quick & Casual Meal Vouchers (Q&C) which can be used lunch or dinner time and many counter restaurants in the parks. Then there are Breakfast Vouchers that can be used for breakfast at different places within the parks. The Vacation Kingdom Lunch Vouchers (VKL) which can be used for lunch at various places within the parks. The VKL can usually only be used during normal lunch hours (ending between 2pm-4pm for most restaurants). Both the VKL and Breakfast vouchers have separate vouchers for Adult and child.

"Quick & Casual" Meal Vouchers (Q&C)
Each Quick & Casual voucher costs $11.50 and is valid for a full counter service lunch or dinner at a participating restaurant location at the WDW resort. With each voucher you can order your choice of one of the following: one combo meal (entree, side dish and beverage) and one dessert, OR one entree, one side dish (if not included in the entree), one dessert and one non-alcoholic beverage. Tax and gratuity (if any) are included. Alcoholic beverages, frozen drinks and souvenir drink mugs are not included. Current vouchers being issued expire 5/31/04. These vouchers can be used during both lunch and dinner hours. You will almost always come out at least even on the Quick & Casual vouchers. At many of the locations, the vouchers can save an adult (or a kid with a big appetite) money at many of the locations, especially those in the theme parks. Rule of thumb: if you would be spending at least $11.00 for the meal before tax, using a voucher will be a good deal, because tax (and tip, if applicable) is included. Also, many of the combo meals are big enough that two people could share one and just purchase an additional drink (and possibly an additional side order). Good
deals are marked * and really outstanding deals are marked **

Participating locations (subject to change) are listed below:
All-Stars - End Zone Food Court*, Intermission Food Court*, World Premiere Food Court*
Animal Kingdom Lodge - Mara*
Bonnett Creek Golf Club - Sand Trap Bar and Grill*
Caribbean Beach - Old Port Royale Food Court
Contempory - Food and Fun Center, Sand Bar Grill
Coronado Springs - Pepper Market*, Siesta's Pool Bar & Grill
Grand Floridian - Gasparilla Grill & Games
Pop Century - Everything Pop Food Court
Port Orleans Resort - Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory*, Riverside Mill
Wilderness Lodge - Roaring Forks
Yacht & Beach Club - Beaches and Cream*** (this restaurant is an extra-good deal - it's actually table service, and you can order the elaborate desserts with your voucher, but not valid for the "kitchen sink" dessert), Hurricane Hanna's Grille
Blizzard Beach Water Park - Lottawatta Lodge
Typhoon Lagoon Water Park - Leaning Palms Burger & Brew, Typhoon Tilly's
Magic Kingdom - Pinocchio Village Haus, Pecos Bill Cafe*, Plaza Pavilion, Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe*, Columbia Harbour House, Casey's Corner, Lunching Pad at Rock Tower Plaza, El Pirate y el Perico
Epcot - Liberty Inn (U.S.), Electric Umbrella Restaurant, Pure and Simple(Now Closed), Sunshine Season Food Fair*, Yakitori House* (Japan), Lotus Blossom Cafe (China), Cantina de San Angel* (Mexico), Tangierine Cafe** (Morocco), Kringla Bakeri (Norway), Boulangerie Patisserie (France), Famous Fish & Chips (U.K.), Sommerfest (Germany), Refreshment Port
Disney-MGM Studios - Backlot Express, Rosie's All-American Cafe*, ABC Commissary Resturant, Toy Story Pizza Planet Arcade
Animal Kingdom - Pizzafari*, Restaurantosaurus, Flame Tree Barbeque*, Tusker House Restaurant*

"Breakfast Feature" Breakfast Vouchers
Each Breakfast voucher costs $18.25 for adults or $11.00 for children. Each breakfast includes a choice of juice, one main breakfast dish, one hot beverage and one bakery item or full breakfast buffet at a participating restaurant location at the WDW resorts. Taxes and gratuities are included. Alcoholic beverages are not included. Adult meal of $14.99 or above will be equal to or greater than cost of voucher including tax and tip. Current vouchers being issued expire 5/31/04. * Represent Character Dining locations. Priority Seating for Character Dining is recommended.

Participating locations (subject to change) include:
Magic Kingdom - The Crystal Palace*, Cinderella's Royal Table*, Main Street Bakery
Epcot - Pure & Simple(Now Closed), Princess Storybook Breakfast*, Sunshine Season Food Fair, Electric Umbrella
Disney-MGM Studios - Hollywood & Vine, ABC Commissary
Animal Kingdom - Pizzafari, Rainforest Cafe, Restaurantosaurus*(Donald's Breakfastosaurus, Tusker House Resturant
All-Stars - End Zone Food Court, Intermission Food Court, World Premiere Food Court
Animal Kingdom Lodge - Boma-Flavors of Africa, The Mara
Beach Club - Cape May Cafe*
BoardWalk Inn - Boardwalk Bakery, Spoodles
Bonnett Creek Golf Club - Sand Trap Bar and Grill
Contempory - Concourse Steak House, Chef Mickey's Restaurant*, Food and Fun Center
Coronado Springs - Pepper Market, Maya Grill
Fort Wilderness - Trail's End Buffeteria
Grand Floridian - Grand Floridian Cafe, Gasparilla Grill & Games, 1900 Park Fare*
Old Key West - Olivia's Cafe
Polynesian - 'Ohana*, Kona Cafe
Port Orleans Resort - Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory, Boatwright's Dining Hall, Riverside Mill
Wilderness Lodge - Whispering Canyon Cafe, Roaring Forks Snacks
Yacht & Beach Club - Yacht Club Galley

"Vacation Kingdom" Lunch Vouchers (VKL)
Each Vacation Kingdom lunch voucher costs $31.00 for adults or $12.75 for children and is valid for a full meal including appetizer, entree, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage at a participating restaurant location at the WDW resorts. Taxes and gratuities are included. Alcoholic beverages are not included. Valid during normal lunch hours only. Current vouchers being issued expire 5/31/04. These vouchers are a good deal when ordering a three-course meal at the full-service restaurants marked with **. In some cases they will save you money only when ordering the most expensive selections on the menu -- those locations are marked with *.

Participating locations (subject to change) include:
All Stars - End Zone Food Court, Intermission Food Court, World Premiere Food Court
Bonnett Creek Golf Club - Sand Trap Bar and Grill
Contemporary - Concourse Steak House**, Chef Mickey's (listed on voucher but no longer open for lunch)
Boardwalk Inn - ESPN Club*, Spoodles (listed on voucher but no longer open for lunch)
Coronado Springs - Pepper Market
Fort Wilderness - Trail's End Buffeteria
Grand Floridian - Grand Floridian Cafe*
Old Key West - Olivia's Cafe
Polynesian - Kona Cafe*
Port Orleans Resort - Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory, Riverside Mill
Wilderness Lodge - Whispering Canyon Cafe
Yacht and Beach Club - Yachtsman Steakhouse (listed on voucher but no longer open for lunch)
Wide World of Sports Complex - Official All Star Cafe**
Magic Kingdom - Cinderella's Royal Table*, Liberty Tree Tavern*, Crystal Palace, Plaza Restaurant, Tony's Town Square Restaurant*
Epcot - Biergarten Restaurant, Garden Grill, Alfredo di Roma Ristorante**, Le Cellier Steakhouse**, Chefs de France Restaurant**, Nine Dragons**, Restaurant Akershus, Restaurant Marrakesh**, Rose & Crown Pub and Dining Room**, San Angel Inn**, Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki Dining**
Disney-MGM Studios - The Hollywood Brown Derby**, Sci-Fi Dine In Theater*, 50's Prime Time Cafe*, Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano**
Animal Kingdom - Rainforest Cafe** (Can use during lunch & dinner hours, Same menu)

A Vacation Kingdom Dinner voucher was released by Disney, but is not sold by HWSC. The price of this voucher is approx $62.00. In general these would not be cost effective.

The Flying Fish, Boma-Flavors of Africa, Portobello Yacht Club, Spoodles, Captains Tavern, California Grill, Citricos, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue Dinner Show, Chef Mickey's Buffet, Narcoossee's, Ohana, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Artist Point, Jiko-The Cooking Place, Planet Hollywood, House of blues, Bistro de Paris, Restaurant Askerhaus and many more.

Hope this helps someone out.

Upvote 0

Shellybelle

While the above post gives you all the information I just want to add that we bought from hotwire for our Sept. trip and it was great! We saved money and really got our money's worth at LeCellier. We also used them at Rainforest Cafe, Italy and America in Epcot, and Beaches and Cream. I was leery to buy them at first, but for us it turned out to be a valuable savings tool.

Upvote 0

longfamily

Or you could just use a package that includes your meals. The silver add on is the cheapest and Platinum is the most expensive. I'm not real sure if you would save more money this way or not.

Upvote 0

RAMBLER5678

Original Poster
finding vouchers

Go to Hotwire.com.. If your not a member you can sign up for a free 30 day trial membership.. Enter your member # and password and that will send you to main page.. On the main page click theme parks and more.. On the next page on the bottom left click wdw meals.. that is where you will find the vouchers..

Upvote 0

MashelleBelle

meals

I"m going to wdw in 41days and I have decided not to buy the vachers since i have a silver dreammakers package that incudes two meals a day. I have
made plans for lunches that are not covered in the package . I will use cash to pay for them. I will be eatiing at the back lot express and tusker house and
boatwright dinning hall, all i hope are good.

Upvote 0

DisneyWorld30th

Update

I wanted to provide a brief update from my above post!

I did end up joining the Hotwire Savings Club and purchased lunch coupons and Quick and Casual meal coupons.

I used the Lunch Coupon at the Rain Forest Cafe at the Animal Kingdom. There is no specific lunch menu there!

MY wife and I each ordered an smoothie and appetizer. For lunch, I had the 14oz Steak (24.95) and she had the Filet/Shrimp Combo (28.95). And we took the dessert to go becuse we were both stuffed!

During the dinner, I ordered a soda. The waiter gave us two bills, one for Disney ($89.22) and one for us ($1.89 soda). I left the waitor $10 and we were on our way!

I highly suggest purchasing the lunch coupon and using it at the Rainforest Cafe. The AK usually closes at 5:00PM so you can stop there on your way out of the park!!!

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!!!

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

<<<<WARNING>>>>

To those that purchase vouchers from e-bay, hotwire or any other source...

Buyer Beware!!!

These vouchers are not sold by Disney or by official Disney outlets..

Disney does create some vouchers to be used by convention guest during their stay or for wholesale dealers to create packages for their clients. The vouchers are always issued as non-transferable.

The vouchers you find online are sometimes unused vouchers that are illegally sold, some are expired, and others are just plain counterfeits.

While Disney may accept valid vouchers they created regardless of how you obtained them, the Disney restaurants will not accept any expired vouchers or counterfeits.

Upvote 0

DisneyWorld30th

JPVonDrake said:
To those that purchase vouchers from e-bay, hotwire or any other source...

Buyer Beware!!!

Regarding the above comment...the vouchers that are purchased through Hotwire Savings Club are 100% legit!

If you purchase your vouchers from Ebay or a 3rd Party ticket agency, you may be purchasing copied, expired or illegal vouchers.

Hotwire is a offical Disney discount ticket vendor, like AAA.

When buying anything from Ebay, there is always a risk envolved. I have purchased a bunch of items from Ebay but never tickets or vouchers. I would never purchase items like this becuase there is no way to confirm if these items are real!! If they were fake, that could really reuin someones vacation!!

Upvote 0

daveemtdave

We take our school to Disney each year and we get these same coupons. I used them on a personal family trip and they ARE ACCEPTED. I have noticed that HotWire did not have then recently and thought maybe they were no longer made -- anyone know for sure?????

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

I am not sure but I think I remember reading that hotwire stopped carrying the Disney vouchers. I remember many people canceled their memberships because of this.

I think conections still does, but it cost like $80 or something to join.

The board I read this at was www.disboards.com.

Not sure what the up to date info is.

Sorry.

Upvote 0

DisneyMarg

daveemtdave said:
Just found them expiring on December -2005.
Do you mean you found some you have or you found some on the web?
We're going back in June, staying offsite so no dining plan :( I would LOVE to find legit vouchers for meals at a discount.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom