Buying Groceries

rictusred

Hello all,

I'm heading out there in January and want to buy groceries because we are staying at Saratoga Springs and we will have a kitchen and want to save money. we are not renting a car. there is a winn dixie about 2 miles from the resort which we are planning to walk to but was wondering if there are any other options that anyone can recommend?

Thanks,
Pete

DisneyPhD

There are a couple of grocery delivery services you can use. There's garden grocer and the other is we go shop. We've used Garden Grocer a couple of times without problem. Delivery is $10-15 but you're not paying disney prices for the food and they can get you anything that the local stores carry. If you don't see it listed on their web site, just request it and if they can find it, they'll deliver it.

Upvote 0

IRBIWDW

We used Garden Grocer and loved it. Service was great and was delivered on time. It was nice to shop before we left and our groceries were there when we arrived. :wave:I highly recommend Garden Grocer.

Upvote 0
I second garden grocer. We used them for the first time earlier this month, we got everything we ordered, it was there before we were, the cold stuff was put into the fridge to keep cold and we evn had bell services bring the stuff up to our room, since we ordered stuff for my family, my IL's, parents and sisters. They were fantastic!

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
A two mile hike is one thing empty handed, but trying to carry bags of groceries back to your resort is something totally different. Call a cab or have them delivered.

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

Rent a car and go to the Walmart, larger variety and less money, we always do, it's worth it believe me. You can take your time and choose just what you want, get what you want and maybe get some things you forgot and realize you need while your there. :animwink:

Upvote 0

jellis

Getting Groceries

Pete -

I know this will sound really frugal, but this is what we do. We too fly out of DTW, and are all about saving $$ when we go to Disney. We check an extra bag, and fly all of our food down. All frozen items are put into freezer bags (the large foil ones), everything is still frozen when we get to the resort. The only items we buy from the store is milk and bread (unless there is something that I forget, which usually happens). I hope that this helps and have a great trip!!

Upvote 0

Mr.EPCOT

We used Garden Grocer and loved it. Service was great and was delivered on time. It was nice to shop before we left and our groceries were there when we arrived. :wave:I highly recommend Garden Grocer.

I second garden grocer. We used them for the first time earlier this month, we got everything we ordered, it was there before we were, the cold stuff was put into the fridge to keep cold and we evn had bell services bring the stuff up to our room, since we ordered stuff for my family, my IL's, parents and sisters. They were fantastic!

Can't say I've used it myself, but I've heard plenty of great things about them!

We like Publix for groceries. There are several along 192.

Yeah, they're definitely the best option if you don't go the delivery route. Publix isn't closest, but they are the best grocery stores in the area, and there are plenty of them around.

Upvote 0

dizzney

Love Garden Grocer

We've used Garden Grocer several times now, and love it, they delviered to the Boardwalk before we got there and everything was great!

Upvote 0

go3epcot

Gotta sing the praises of Garden Grocer! My family has used their services several times and never had a problem. Food and supplies are always waiting for us when we arrive! Wouldn't do a trip to WDW without them!

Upvote 0

DisneyNutZ

We just used WeGoShop.com earlier in the month and they were great. Very accommodating with the time we were arriving. We drove from PA and were running a little late. The owner checked in with us on our way and arrived with the order about 15 minutes after we checked in at about 9pm.

Upvote 0

CatsMeow

We loved Garden Grocer and will definitely be using them again. They will deliver within a 2-hour window and whenever you choose.

Goodings is close, but expensive IMHO. If you have a car, Publix and Wal-Mart are the best bets and pretty close by.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom