Buying DVC...don't flame me for asking

harryk

Family has always stayed in the Delux resorts (GF) prior to buying into DVC in 2001. Best investment we have ever made (purchased DVC at VWL). Achieved break-even in 3 years. Have never looked back.

BigRedDad

Original Poster
I understand everyone's points. The advantage of going through an RCI exchange (as a non-owner of RCI), once the DVC reservation is in your name, NO ONE but you can access the reservation. I am not sure of the RCI terms to the actual owner. I do know for a fact that the reservation at WDW is only in my name and no one else besides me has access to it.

We arrive in 3 days. We can't wait to get there. I am sure everyone that has a DVC loves it for their use. In my situation, it just doesn't make financial sense.

Seanual757

It all depends on how much you stay is what it comes down to in the end for us 3-4 times a year a total of 12-14 days just made sense for others it's not worth it and I get it.

Enjoy your stay at Saratoga Springs we just got back our 1st time and we will be booking again next up is Old Key West, then Animal Kingdom for 2015, and Villas @ GF for Spring Break 2016, cannot wait to book July 4th weekend 2016.

Disneykidder

Remember that as a renter, you do not get perks or discounts that members get. Some include dining discounts, AP discounts and merchandise discounts.

But you need to do what is best for you/your family. I have a spreadsheet that I use to compare my points vs. what it would have cost me to pay for my villas. I am definitely coming out ahead by being a member. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom