Buying alcohol near WDW

BeautyBelle

Original Poster
We are thinking of taking an Uber to Wal-Mart or a grocery store near the park when we arrive. My husband would like to buy some bottles of wine to keep in the room. Does anyone know if we would have to go to a separate liquor store or if stores in the area are able to sell alcohol in-house? Thanks!

CaptainAmerica

We are thinking of taking an Uber to Wal-Mart or a grocery store near the park when we arrive. My husband would like to buy some bottles of wine to keep in the room. Does anyone know if we would have to go to a separate liquor store or if stores in the area are able to sell alcohol in-house? Thanks!
Skip Uber and order from Garden Grocer. The grocery prices will be a bit higher but you won't have to pay for the Uber ride so it's probably break-even and GG will save you lots of time and hassle.

BeautyBelle

Original Poster
Skip Uber and order from Garden Grocer. The grocery prices will be a bit higher but you won't have to pay for the Uber ride so it's probably break-even and GG will save you lots of time and hassle.
Thanks! We thought about instacart but didn't want to have to deal with meeting the delivery person in the lobby at a certain time. Does Garden Grocers not have the same issue?

CaptainAmerica

Thanks! We thought about instacart but didn't want to have to deal with meeting the delivery person in the lobby at a certain time. Does Garden Grocers not have the same issue?
Nope, they deliver to Disney's bell services and you can call for your stuff whenever. You have to be in your room for bell services to deliver, but that's the only restriction I can think of. Tip your bellman.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Where are you staying? There are going to be places that can be recommended based on proximity. If you are staying around the DS resorts, there is a Winn Dixie on 535 that has a pretty good selection.

Worldlover71

Just a reminder that the hotel gift shops all have bottled wine and beer. There is a limited selection and the price is a bit high but you can' t beat the convenience.

correcaminos

The bypass by requiring you to send a copy of your ID. A big no for me, so we save by going with one that will meet us and is cheaper.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom