Buy tix at WDW or local Disney Store???

Gavman

The manager at my local Disney Store(Michigan) told me WDW tickets prices are the same but if I buy them here in Michigan I don't pay an additional tax I would pay if I bought them through a package or directly at WDW. Anyone know if there's truth behind that or more details about what he's talking about? Thanks, were headed to WDW in Sept, can't wait...

slappy magoo

I honestly don't know if you're paying less tax from your local Disney store than you would if you bought them direct from Disney. Other options include hitting your local AAA if you're a member (and if you're not, dude, do it, you never know when you'll need a tow). You may also want to check out undercover tourist or maple leaf tickets, both of which are totally legitimate ticket brokers that buy massive quantities of WDW tickets, then mark them up a bit for their customers and hope for volume volume volume, and tax and shipping is usually included.

EDIT: I'm sure you've heard, WDW raised ticket prices a few days ago. Undercover Tourist still has their discounted ticket prices based on the last round of ticket prices before the increase. So this will be about as good as you can legitimately get (I used them on our last trip, lots of people have I'm sure). http://www.undercovertourist.com/orlando/attractions/tickets.html?pid=savings

Upvote 0

mp2bill

I honestly don't know if you're paying less tax from your local Disney store than you would if you bought them direct from Disney. Other options include hitting your local AAA if you're a member (and if you're not, dude, do it, you never know when you'll need a tow). You may also want to check out undercover tourist or maple leaf tickets, both of which are totally legitimate ticket brokers that buy massive quantities of WDW tickets, then mark them up a bit for their customers and hope for volume volume volume, and tax and shipping is usually included.

EDIT: I'm sure you've heard, WDW raised ticket prices a few days ago. Undercover Tourist still has their discounted ticket prices based on the last round of ticket prices before the increase. So this will be about as good as you can legitimately get (I used them on our last trip, lots of people have I'm sure). http://www.undercovertourist.com/orlando/attractions/tickets.html?pid=savings

Good advice :)

Upvote 0

Rob562

When you buy a WDW ticket in a non-Florida Disney Store, you still pay the same Florida tax that you would in Florida, thus you pay the same price.

I believe the reasoning in the tax laws is that you're pre-purchasing a *service* which is only performed in the state of Florida. Thus, you pay the Florida taxes.

-Rob

Upvote 0
I'm going to second using Undercover Tourist. Make sure you go through the Mousesavers newsletter link and you'll save a little bit more. Unless you're adding the dining plan, it makes the most sense to do it this way.

Upvote 0

Bri1121

I usually buy mine at the local Disney Store. We had a nice gift card to use towards our tickets. And they always make such a big deal there, its fun!!!

Upvote 0

Monorail Lime

When you buy a WDW ticket in a non-Florida Disney Store, you still pay the same Florida tax that you would in Florida, thus you pay the same price.

I believe the reasoning in the tax laws is that you're pre-purchasing a *service* which is only performed in the state of Florida. Thus, you pay the Florida taxes.
This is correct. 6.5% Orange County sales tax is assessed no matter where the tickets are purchased.

When I worked at the Disney Store, ticket media always had to be rung up in a separate transaction because the cash register computers could not handle multiple tax rates. This was many years ago so perhaps the software has improved by now. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom