Buy 4, Get 3 Free - Elbow to Elbow?

markw51

We were planning to go down first week of February but it appears just about every resort except the most expensive are booked for this promotion. Is it going to be elbow to elbow in the parks? If so, I think I'll wait. Not lookin good I'd say!:veryconfu

Carebee21

It's not going to be elbow to elbow. There was only a percentage of the rooms available for this promotion. There are still rooms available at the resorts, but just not available for this promotion.

Upvote 0

tink2304

I'm also going the same week and worried about the crowds. BUT, If you just search for a reservation without using the discount there are rooms available still.

Upvote 0

Rob562

As mentioned in on other threads that ask about crowds and how booked up the Disney hotels are, how full the Disney resorts are really has minimal bearing on how busy the parks are.

Disney hotels have a (relatively) high occupancy rate year-round, and the Guests staying at a Disney hotel only make up a fraction of the number of Guests in the parks each day. They pretty much provide a "base line" number of Guests for the parks.

In order to know how crowded the parks will be, you'd need to know how full the OFF-property hotels are. Many, many people visit Disney World and stay at off-site hotels, timeshares and rental homes. In late January the Disney hotels could be packed, but the parks are empty because there's noone in the hotels out on Route 192 and I-drive. But at a crazy-busy time like Christmas Week, when it truly is elbow-to-elbow in the parks, you have to drive quite a way away from Disney to find a hotel with empty rooms.

Disney runs promotions like Free Dining and the current B4G3 promo to entice people to either a) plan a trip to WDW if they weren't already thinking about going, or b) if they were going to go, to make them decide to stay on-site rather than off-site.

If you're going during a time that's typically not crowded (like early February), the only place you might see that's crowded as a result of the B4G3 promotion is your hotel and its pools and restaurants.

-Rob

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

... and those 5s and 6s are a re4cent downgrade. I'll be there Feb. 7 - 14, and I've been nervously eyeing those predicted crowd levels for a few months. There had been two or three 7s in that week, but about a few weeks ago the 7s disappeared, except for one on Sat. the 14th, which is the Saturday of Presidents Day weekend, and the first full day of Disney's "Peak Season" ... the 13th is the last day of "Value Season." In terms of prices and expected crowds, "Regular Season" comes between Value and Peak.

Upvote 0

BrerVeritas

Does Disney generally extend park hours when they are hit with an unexpected increase in crowds?

I’ll be there the first week of Feb. I don’t mind it being crowded. I usually go in August. But, I hate the idea of long lines mixed with shorter hours. Maybe it’s possible that they extend MK a couple hours on the weekend?

Upvote 0

Monkeymama

I was worrying about the park volume too. One of the reasons I love going in Fabruary is how you can just about alk onto many rides! We booked in August (before the promotion came out). But the hotels/rooms are limited, as mentioned before. For example, we were going to stay at a Pirate room in CBR but they said that CBR was not included in the deal. Rooms and resorts have changed daily throughout. Hopefully, we will be safe!

Upvote 0

TURKEY

I was worrying about the park volume too. One of the reasons I love going in Fabruary is how you can just about alk onto many rides! We booked in August (before the promotion came out). But the hotels/rooms are limited, as mentioned before. For example, we were going to stay at a Pirate room in CBR but they said that CBR was not included in the deal. Rooms and resorts have changed daily throughout. Hopefully, we will be safe!

Pirate rooms are available on the 7/4 promo. It just depends on the dates you are looking for.

There aren't as many pirate rooms as there are in other categories. There are only a limited number of rooms made available for the promo as well.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom