Business casual at Yachtsman Steakhouse

zurgandfriend

Original Poster
We have an ASR at the Yachtsman in August, as it is a signature dining restaurant the dress code is business casual. On past trips business casual was not issue, my son and I would just pack Dockers for business casual restaurants.
As our trip this year is in August and Florida will be hot and sticky. Can anyone advise if wearing clean and pressed cargo shorts is acceptable? We are trying to avoid packing and wearing long pants if possible.

Thank You

BPForever

Yes. You will be fine :animwink:
Basically, they're trying to keep people from coming in in bathing suits and cover-ups with no shoes :lol:

tigsmom

You will be more than fine. It's Disney Business Casual which is a bit different :lol: The emphasis is on clean & neat

Business Casual Dress Code

Attire considered appropriate by this dress code is:

• Dress shorts
• Dress pants
• Jean pants - clean, no rips
• Collared shirts
• Blouses
• Sweaters
• T-shirts - clean and no slogans

Attire not permitted by this dress code is:

• Hats
• Swimsuits
• Swimsuit cover-up's
• Tank tops
• Torn clothing
• Flip-flops - though leather dress thong style sandals are acceptable for women

mickey7879

While we were staying at Beach Club one year, we called to make reservations. Once aware of the dress code and realizing we had nothing we could wear, we turned down the reservation. While at the pool area and seeing people walking in with jean shorts and t-shirts and not being turned away, we made reservations on our next trip. We did follow the dress code, but weren't worried about fitting in since there were a bunch that were clearly not planning for business casual.

tigsmom

While we were staying at Beach Club one year, we called to make reservations. Once aware of the dress code and realizing we had nothing we could wear, we turned down the reservation. While at the pool area and seeing people walking in with jean shorts and t-shirts and not being turned away, we made reservations on our next trip. We did follow the dress code, but weren't worried about fitting in since there were a bunch that were clearly not planning for business casual.

I've worn jeans and a polo and didn't have a problem.

All fit within the code

Disney has their own way of doing things ;)

Rob562

Personally, I'd feel a little more "comfortable" in the upscale environment wearing plain-front khaki shorts rather than the more casual cargo shorts with the pockets all over the place, paired with a polo shirt.

But as others have said, you won't have a problem with the dress code. Disney is more concerned with the items on the "not allowed" list than making sure you're wearing things on the "allowed" list.

-Rob

Phonedave

Personally, I'd feel a little more "comfortable" in the upscale environment wearing plain-front khaki shorts rather than the more casual cargo shorts with the pockets all over the place, paired with a polo shirt.

But as others have said, you won't have a problem with the dress code. Disney is more concerned with the items on the "not allowed" list than making sure you're wearing things on the "allowed" list.

-Rob

My thoughts exactly. I love cargo shorts when in the parks, but I would not wear them if it was business casual. As you said plain front shorts would be my choice. In fact I would (and have) worn a pair of my golf shorts. Golf shorts tend not to wrinkle, keep you cool, and look nice. Most golf courses have dress codes as well - ones that are stricter than Disney's "business casual". I don't think I have seen a decent golf course that would let someone wearing a t-shirt play, most required a collar.

OP: Go to a golf store and buy a golf shirt and shorts. You will be comfortable and look smart. (No teva sandals or crocs with that outfit please :) )

-dave

tigsmom

-Rob

My thoughts exactly. I love cargo shorts when in the parks, but I would not wear them if it was business casual. As you said plain front shorts would be my choice. In fact I would (and have) worn a pair of my golf shorts. Golf shorts tend not to wrinkle, keep you cool, and look nice. Most golf courses have dress codes as well - ones that are stricter than Disney's "business casual". I don't think I have seen a decent golf course that would let someone wearing a t-shirt play, most required a collar.

OP: Go to a golf store and buy a golf shirt and shorts. You will be comfortable and look smart. (No teva sandals or crocs with that outfit please :) )

-dave

Smart choices :king:

I know it's vacation and all, but we like to dress up a bit when we have dinner. It's nothing fancy, but a nice sundress or skirt & blouse for the DD's & I and Dockers and a Polo or button down for the DH. We do that at WDW or where ever we are vacationing and also dress like that when we go out to eat here at home.

eddiemcgarrigle

Cargo shorts and polo shirt is my attire of choice for holidays in the sunshine so I'll fit in no problem but how do they treat young kids in flip flops?

reptar77

My husband always wears cargo short and leather flip flops. Shirts can vary btw polo shirt to a crew type tee with no print. He has never been turned away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom