Buses.....

suzie

I'm confused about buses service at Disney.

I read that the buses will bring you to the park in the morning and back to your hotels resort at night. But they will not take you to another park during the rest of the day if you decide to change parks. I have the parkhopper and thought you could change parks when you wanted.

I need clarification on this. Also the time table of the buses or maybe someone has a site I can go on.

Can someone help?

Going in 27 days.

Thanks gang.

gibsonc

UK Disney Geek
Hi, basically the simple answer is that the busses will take you pretty much anywhere on Disney property from early morning until late at night. Busses run every 5 - 15 minutes or so depending on the time of day, you don't need a timetable.

From your resort hotel busses will run to Mk, Epcot, AK, MGM, water parks and downtown disney. To visit another resort hotel you have to travel via another location and change busses, such as downtown disney. Busses run between MK, AK, Epcot and MGM and you can take the monorail between the Magic Kingdom and Epcot.

From the Magic Kingdom you need to take the ferry boat or monorail over to the Transportation and Ticket Center (TTC) to get a bus to a different park or to take the monorail to Epcot. The bus stops outside of the Magic Kingdom are for busses to Disney resort hotels.

Should you want to go from Epcot to MGM you can leave Epcot via the International Gateway, between UK and France in the World Showcase, it takes about 30 minutes or so to walk to MGM or you can catch a boat.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Buses go between the parks and from resorts to parks or Downtown Disney and back. Buses don't go between resorts or from parks to or from DTD.

By bus, from resort to resort or from the parks to DTD you'd have to transfer because thee are no direct routes. This is because most folks don't go between resorts [except to get to meals] and they want to discourage people parking for free at DTD and going to the parks [it's $9/day to park at the parks].

The only transportation between resorts is shared transport by boat or monorail in resorts that have access to those. [I'm not sure if any of the boats are shared or not]

Upvote 0

suzie

Original Poster
Thanks Monty,

Another question, is there a site with a map where they show the routes of the buses, monorail and boat.

Sorry to be such a pain, but this is my first trip.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I've never seen a transportation-only map. Closest I can find is this map, and it A) doesn't even show DAKL and B) only shows the monorails and roads, not "routes".

Anyone else seen a transportation map?

EDIT: BTW HI! to a fellow Ottawan... I live in Kanata.

Upvote 0

suzie

Original Poster
Hi again Monty,

I live in Vanier. Thanks for the map, it does help. The reason I'm asking is I have a diner reservation at Mickey's BBQ in Fort Wilderness. I will be in Magic Kingdom and some kind soul from the Forum told me to take the boat to Fort Wilderness.

Where do I take the boat?

I can see on the map Fort Wilderness but where would I go to take the boat.

Thanks again for all your help friend.
:wave:

Upvote 0

kal1484

Don't worry too much about transportation, there are signs all over, and most cast members know exactly how to get somewhere.

As for Fort Wilderness, after you exit MK the boats are right infront of you. They are all labeled so you shouldn't get too lost. Have fun though!

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I think everyone has answered all your questions, but I just want to say don't stress too much about transportation. Everything is clearly marked and if you have any questions the CMs are more than willing to help.

When you leave the MK you will see a boat dock straight ahead, each is clearly marked. Head to the one for the Wilderness Lodge/Fort Wilderness (they share transportation). Depending on the schedule you may go to the WL first, but you want to travel all the way across the lake to Fort Wilderness. I haven't been to Mickey's BBQ, but I've heard good things about it. Enjoy your vacation! :wave:

Upvote 0

suzie

Original Poster
Thank you all.

You guys are spoiling me with answers. Your minds are stuffed with precious Disney info. I come everyday to read and get info on this forum which is fantastic.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Rantybaby

Coronado to Wilderness

What the best way to get to Wilderness from Coronado in the evening? I want to attend the Chip 'n Dale Moviefest. Has anyone been THIS summer? Is it a different movie EACH night? Thanks want to go on my first night arriving from west coast after 5:00pm.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom