Buses to the Parks

Familyfun

Original Poster
Do individual buses run from the POR to each park ?? Does it say on the front of the bus which park it is going to ??

We scoped out POR/POFQ in December for Christmas of next year. At that time, the two resorts were sharing buses during the less busy times of the day. Like at other resorts, passengers going to water parks and DTD often shared a bus with the neighboring major park. Buses all had destinations on the front of them, so it was very easy to see what bus was going where.

dandaman

All Disney buses have destinations on the front. When it pulls up to the bus stop, you can easily tell which one it is (not to mention they announce it).

FYI, you'd be better off using the boat to get to Downtown Disney. :wave:

Nemo14

The bus system is very well organized, and each bus is clearly marked. At POR you'll be usually sharing busses with POFQ, but the destinations are always clearly marked on the front of the busses.

TTATraveler

Also, at POR there will be two depots at the main building. Both depots are right next to each other. There will be signs saying which buses stop at each depot. It isn't a big deal if you are standing at the wrong depot, so long as you see the bus display as it pulls up

Tom

Beta Return
TTATraveler said:
Also, at POR there will be two depots at the main building. Both depots are right next to each other. There will be signs saying which buses stop at each depot. It isn't a big deal if you are standing at the wrong depot, so long as you see the bus display as it pulls up

If you're traveling by bus, POR is a good choice of resorts. They have 4 stops compared to the 1 at POFQ. If you stay in the mansions there is a stop right behind Magnolia Terrace, or you can walk to the platforms outside the main building. If you're in the Bayous, you can go to either the North or West depot, or again to the platforms at the main building. We've stayed in about 4 different places within POR and never had a long walk from a bus stop when we came back at night.

And yes, as others have said, the destination of each bus it CLEARLY displayed on the front marquee of the bus, and sometimes on a side one as well. I've never heard them announce the destination, unless that poster meant the driver announcing it once you were on and seated - because that mostly happens.

And yes, there is a bus to each park and currently open water park. They come every 20 min or less, at all 4 stops.

The bus system is very easy to navigate in my opinion. I hate public transportation and get flustered when I have to try to figure out subway systems in other cities....but the WDW bus system is foolproof, in my opinion.

Enjoy your trip!

Kadee

We've never had a real problem with any of the busses at WDW. They are very organized and timely. MUCH better than driving. The only real wait we had was one night at MK at park closing. The line back to CB was the longest of any and we were staying there. We had to wait through many busses, but they brought in extra for CB because the line was so long. We never had a problem at POR or any other places.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom