Busch Gardens Hotel

UKHelen

Original Poster
We have decided to stay two nights in Tampa on our arrival in Florida so we can do Busch Gardens and take in a baseball game at Tropicana Fields. Can anybody recommend a hotel near to Busch Gardens? We will have a car but would like to be no more then 10/15 minutes away. Thanks:xmas:

CatLady

The last time I stayed over there, we opted to stay a little way away from the park. It worked out really well, since we had a kitchen in the suite, and we passed a Publix on the way from the park to the hotel. We stayed here: http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/TPATN It was 6 miles from the park, at the edge of an office park, so it had a different feel from some of the run-down hotels close to Busch Gardens. It doesn't provide a shuttle, so you have to decide how important that is to you. I would rather pay to park than have to wait for a shuttle or bus, but that's just my own bias.

palmage

The last time I stayed over there, we opted to stay a little way away from the park. It worked out really well, since we had a kitchen in the suite, and we passed a Publix on the way from the park to the hotel. We stayed here: http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/TPATN It was 6 miles from the park, at the edge of an office park, so it had a different feel from some of the run-down hotels close to Busch Gardens. It doesn't provide a shuttle, so you have to decide how important that is to you. I would rather pay to park than have to wait for a shuttle or bus, but that's just my own bias.

I was going to say that Busch Gardens is not in the greatest neighborhood.
It is really run down, and Denny's is fine dining
Living on the beach, I'm biased, and would drive the 45 minutes to stay somewhere on the beach.......but......
I would stay Downtown or in the Westshore area if I had to stay off the beach.
You'll be 10-15 minutes away.

crazydaveh

I agree, the Busch Gardens area isn't the best when it comes to safety... But there are a few hotels I've stayed at right around the corner that are fine. I've stayed at the Amerisuites many times. It's on the edge of USF and there's a McAllister's Deli next to it. It's a nice place and it's only five minutes to the parking lot with traffic!

Go to BGT's website and look for their hotels. If you want, you can stay at the Hard Rock Casion/Resort. It's about 15 minutes from the park and you can play real poker and video slots.

BarryH

I've stayed at the Doubletreet Near USF/Busch Gardens and it was very nice. The courtyard is pretty and there's a manager's reception in the evening with free drinks! You also get a cookie on check-in. I got it for $44/night on Priceline, although the regular rate is around $80.

dandaman

We stayed at the Best Western last August, and it was fantastic, especially for the price. Free shuttle to boot.

silk velvet

Would We Be Safe?

Is the neighborhood for Busch Gardens really that bad? I belong to a co-ed fraternity which was considering a trip to Busch Gardens or Universal Studios as an alternative because many of us are offended by something we heard Disney is doing which we find offensive to our ethnic group.

We would be going in a group of about 3,000 Scandinavians, but some of us are traveling with children because our fraternity includes four generations. Would we be safe staying around Busch Gardens? What other alternatives would we have to Busch Gardens or Universal Studios?

Ginny

Hummer1676

If I was going to Busch Gardens I would try and stay at the Marriot downtown Tampa. Its close to everything there is to see in Tampa. There's a trolley that will take you to Channelside (bar area) and Ybor (club/historic district). It is one of the nicest hotels i have stayed in in Tampa. Though it is a drive away from Busch Gardens but close to everythihng else there is to do.

As for Universal I have stayed at the Royal Pacific and it is an amazing hotel. It has great restaurants and is located on the resort property. All you have to do is jump on a ferry and it will take you to CityWalk. You have to make sure to ask them if they have any specials or manager's walk-in rates. A true tip from a Hotel director.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom