Busch and Sea World ID checks / finger scans?

meryll83

Original Poster
So Universal has the fingerprint ID thing on entrance, and Disney has some of these and some of the finger contours checkers. They're there to stop people passing unused tickets to friends.

My question is, do Busch Gardens and SeaWorld have similar mechanisms in place?
In the UK there is currently an offer on BG/SW 2 park tickerts that last for 21 consecutive days, friends of ours are going a week after we come back, and we were thinking of buying these and passing them on, thus splitting the cost between us.
However, knowing about the checks they have at Disney and Universal, I figured they would probably have a similar system in place at SW and BG which would stop this plan......

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It has been quite a while since I have been to Sea World but at the time they were using a hand biometric scan so I can only assume that they still have some sort of ID scan still in place.

meryll83

Original Poster
I'm now thinking I should wait and see how they admit us when we're there, if they don't ID check in anyway, we could then pass the tickets on....

AndyP

Tbh, you should just let your friends buy some tickets. SeaWorld/Busch Gardens is not that expensive, its worth the money and a reasonable price. It's not right that you should pass the tickets on, it is, in effect, stealing.

rangerbob

They have some sort of new system that they are still getting in place. This past weekend was the first time that they were using them. I did what the system said and then the ticket taker yelled at me because I didn't give her the pass. She had to call over a supervisor since her hand held unit was telling her that the ticket was used within the past 15 minutes and I told her yes since you just watched me scan it in the other ticket machine.

They still have bugs to work out of it. I did see that there was some sort of reader on it other than the scanner.

BarryH

I used the fingerprint scanner at BGA last week. It scanned my ticket, but would not take my finger. The employee just waived me through.

Figment1986

They have some sort of new system that they are still getting in place. This past weekend was the first time that they were using them. I did what the system said and then the ticket taker yelled at me because I didn't give her the pass. She had to call over a supervisor since her hand held unit was telling her that the ticket was used within the past 15 minutes and I told her yes since you just watched me scan it in the other ticket machine.

They still have bugs to work out of it. I did see that there was some sort of reader on it other than the scanner.

so seaworld upgraded their turnstiles as well...

those new things are interesting...

they were made to be done like Disney with minimal team members, but they still staff a lot of team members because its new and people get confused easily... problems like this happened sometimes...

cmatt

Ok, well it doesn't look like it's gonna happen now anyway, but thanks for reminding me :rolleyes:

yep - thats you told :hammer:

imho - i think its a long way to fiind out :ROFLOL: if you were located somewhere nearer you could try it.

That said - the amount of data needed to be stored for 21 days wouldnt really be pheasable :veryconfu for a park like seaworld to hold...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom