Bus wait time

dizneegirl13

If I were to go right now, I wouldn't do anything indoors, restaurants or shows. I've watched some vloggers who are sticking to outdoors only, which gave me the idea.
Wouldn't feel all that comfortable in an Uber either, but can't walk to a couple of the parks. Rather be exposed to one driver and not several people on a bus.
Anyway, I'm just talking IF we were to go now, which we're not.

NelleBelle

I might be more comfortable on a Disney bus than Uber—whose to say how often the Uber is getting cleaned! At least with the bus option it’s all hard surfaces and fairly easy to disinfect (and supposed to be)

Edit: not that I’d be comfortable I either bit of having to choose...

MrsDoubie

There are dividers on the bus and some seats are marked off so you can’t sit in them. You also don’t get to choose where you sit. The driver asks how many in your party and he appropriately seats you.

Wouldn't want to ride a bus right now. When we finally go, we will be ubering. Worth the money unless we get a sneezing infected driver. They should put up dividers like cop cars do, or maybe some already have. 🤷‍♀️
Or stay at a skyliner hotel and uber to the other parks.

lilypgirl

Buses have been fine . We have never had to really wait for one and there has always been room for our party on board. The busses are very clean and feel safe. I noticed the emergency hatch in the roof is open on all the ones we have been on. I am guessing for air flow.

soxpackersdisneyhawks

At okw now. You can get on at any stop as long as there is capacity. Bus driver will assign you a number to sit at. We go to the hospitality house for the bus and have yet to be denied a seat

Chef Mickey

I told someone Disney is likely losing money with parks like this and they couldn’t comprehend how that’s possible. I think this is purely a data gathering, process building, and “showing what we can do” phase with a planned ramp back to profitable operations.

I still maintain they can’t operate with this capacity and even break even, despite reduced hours and offerings. No way.

Maybe not the pack in like before, but you can tell they are ready to ramp. The “wait here” signs going out a quarter mile should tip people off.

NelleBelle

I guarantee it still takes more time to drive yourself almost every time. Buses come within 10min almost always.
YMMV--the worst bussing we had was when we stayed at Coronado Springs. Despite having those lovely boards up telling you when your bus was supposed to be arriving, and the board said "bus arriving", they never showed at our stop! We waited over 45 minutes before we hiked it to another stop. Most ridiculous thing. EVER! That's when we said "absolutely no more buses" and started renting cars only. And when WDW started charging to park your cars at the resort (biggest cash grab ever, imo), we started just renting DVC point rather than getting 2 rooms. Cost less in the long run and easier to get groceries ourselves and bring them back to the room.

Our primary reason for renting a car, besides being able to get to dining reservations at other parks faster than doing a bus shuffle, is that I have very impaired standing balance. And at the end of the day, trying to get a seat when you don't have a "visible disability" is next to impossible. It's much easier, and safer, for me, to be able to ride sitting, with a seatbelt, than try to stand for a 30+ minute, crowded ride back to the resort. And with DH's corporate rates, doesn't cost us very much. By the time we would pay for all the Uber/Lyfts, we break even and can get ourselves to the airport when WE want to leave, not the crazy ME timeframes, still utilizing the bag checks at the resort (when they still were using them).

I will admit, that back in the early-mid 2000s, the buses were great! That was one of the things we really loved about WDW--all the free transportation! When DH and I went in the early 2000s (like 2002/2003 our first time as a married couple), we stayed off-site, and seeing all the free transportation options (I had done ZERO research) convinced us to always stay onsite--ok, that didn't always work when bringing large group of family down). But it is nice to know that as our teens want to sleep in, the buses are there to get them to the parks to meet us and we don't have to go back to get them. They just don't work well for me, personally.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom