Bus Transportation

Dumbo2675

Original Poster
Did I see something awhile back that the Pop Century has their own bus transportation to the parks? ans so it doesn't share with the others like All Stars resorts.

luv

I took the bus from the Pop one time and one time only and it was several years ago, so things may have changed. We walked to the bus stop, which was near the lobby. We rode the bus from the Pop directly to the MK, without stopping anywhere.

We rode back from the MK with no stops.

jrab0616

We stayed at POP in May. It has it's own bus. No sharing with other resorts. It was nice not to have to worry about making more than one stop. Sometimes it did take longer between buses but we never waited more than 15 minutes or so.

Betsyboo

The overcrowding on the Pop bus is the reason we won't stay there again. Every single bus, every single time was packed to the gills. Yes, it's a bus dedicated to only Pop but it's a packed one. Our visit to Pop was in late February 2011.

If you decide to leave a park right after Wishes, Illuminations, Fantasmic, or the Jammin' Jungle Parade, you are going to encounter crowded buses no matter which resort you select. I have stayed at all three levels of resorts and discovered that the same applies if you show up at the bus stop between 8 - 10 A.M., which is a peak riding time. If you choose to leave your car at home or in the parking lot of the resort so you can rely on Disney Transporation, then you are inevitably going to end up standing on a bus every once in a while. It's all part of the Disney experience. Ha Ha!

Clever Name

Did I see something awhile back that the Pop Century has their own bus transportation to the parks? ans so it doesn't share with the others like All Stars resorts.
The All Star resorts only share buses if passenger demand is low. During the morning hours until about 11 AM (the rush hour period) each of the All Star resorts has their own dedicated buses. When the passenger load diminishes the All Star resorts then share buses as needed. Since the MK is the most popular park, often times the MK buses at each of the All Star resorts remain dedicated throughout the day.

In short, the All Star resorts have the most efficient and the fastest bus service on Disney property. Pop Century bus service is very underserved because they have just one bus loading area for the entire resort. The Pop Century has 2880 rooms and only one bus loading area. The All Star Sports (1920 rooms) has its own bus loading area. The All Star Music (1604 rooms) has its own bus loading area. The All Star Movies (1920 rooms) has its own bus loading area as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom