Bus Transportation From Park To Park After Close

Deviant

Account Suspended
Original Poster
This sounds like a stupid question. To make it easier to explain I'll just create a scenario.

If we parked at Disney Studios during the day and decided to take a bus over to Epcot for the evening to avoid the hassle of driving over there, parking, etc and decided to stay until it closed, could we then get a bus ride back over to Disney Studios to get our car if Disney Studios was closed also? I didn't know if the busses only took you to hotels once the parks were closed or if they also made trips to the other parks with the assumption that people would need to get their cars.

I know if you pay for parking you can park at any of the parks, but it seems like it would be a lot quicker and easier to hop onto a bus and let them get you to the front of the park than having to get yourself there.

NASAMan

Buses operate up to a time after a park closes, usually for an hour. They do go to the other parks. Check at Guest Relations first thing to be sure. Now, specifically Epcot to the Studios, There is a Friendship boat service between these that also stops at the Swan, Dolphin and Boardwalk resorts. There is also a nice walkway that follows the same river the boats travel down. Both can be found at the International Gateway between England and France in Epcot. Stay to the left when exiting the Studios for the Friendships.

jbbraud

left stranded

My family and I were there for Easter 2005. We left MGM after the first performance of Fastasmic and went over to the MK for Wishes and Spectromagic. Left our car at MGM and rode the bus over to MK. When we returned to MGM about midnight the trams had stopped running and we would have had to walk to our car which was parked quite a distance from the main gate at MGM. We had asked before we left MGM if transportation would still be available and was told that it would not be a problem. We were waiting around for a tram for about 15 mins. when another bus driver who was getting off duty came by and offered to take us to our car.

bayoutinkbelle

My family and I were there for Easter 2005. We left MGM after the first performance of Fastasmic and went over to the MK for Wishes and Spectromagic. Left our car at MGM and rode the bus over to MK. When we returned to MGM about midnight the trams had stopped running and we would have had to walk to our car which was parked quite a distance from the main gate at MGM. We had asked before we left MGM if transportation would still be available and was told that it would not be a problem. We were waiting around for a tram for about 15 mins. when another bus driver who was getting off duty came by and offered to take us to our car.

Sorry you had to walk after such a long day. :(

However, if you listen to the spiel on the tram going into the parks, they do tell you when the trams stop running and if you miss it, you'll have a long walk to your car. I never miss that because everyone around usually groans at the thought and my son usually bugs me to no end to remember it.

Cosmo

I didn't think you could walk from MGM to Epcot? Is that something new? I've taken the boats many times and walked to the boardwalk from Epcot, but I didn't think there was a footpath between the two parks...:confused:

TimeTrip

You certainly can. Exit MGM.. walk past the bus area.. and follow the river.. around the boardwalk and over to the International Gateway

DVC Dave

I didn't think you could walk from MGM to Epcot? Is that something new? I've taken the boats many times and walked to the boardwalk from Epcot, but I didn't think there was a footpath between the two parks...:confused:

Thats Why I love the Beach Club area the best. You can walk to Epcot. Walk or take a boat to MGM...walk to the boardwalk area... AWESOME pool...the whole area is amazing

BTW it is not a short walk but it is not a hard walk..maybe....15 minutes

Rob562

BTW it is not a short walk but it is not a hard walk..maybe....15 minutes

I just measured the route online. The shortest, easiest route is 1.17 miles from the turnstiles of one park to the turnstiles of the other.
Best way to go is to leave the International Gateway and walk to the Boardwalk. When you get to the center where the grassy area is, cut in and go throgh the main pool area (where the Keister Coaster slide is). When you come out to the canal on the other side of the pool, take a left and follow the walkway along the water to the Studios.

The pool shortcut saves you abour 1/5 of a mile off of walking up to the far end of the Boardwalk by Atlantic Dance Hall and looping back.

(Note, the *actual* shortest walking distance would require you to cut to the upper level where the main entrance is, walk down the driveway, through the parking lot, past the tennis courts and cut across a stretch of grass to get to the walkway. But there's stairs involved, and it's only about 150 feet difference, so I take the nice and level path. (Yes, I *can* get very technical sometimes...) :)

-Rob

msep003

We had a bad experience with the transportation after the MK Closed .

Good luck for those of you staying at All Stars because most of the time they only have one bus for all the 3 all Stars and when one bus arrive it's really packed .

I like their new Buses because they can fit more wheelchairs in less time than the olderswith the elvator system .

Anyway thank you to all Transportation CM who drive us all over the Disney Property every day .

FutureCEO

i just returned fron disney and i have to say while the bus system is good for carpooling, it really sucks for fastness (new word)

jonesenon4

:sohappy: if your staying at a disney resort just use the disney busses to get to the parks then not worry about getting back to your car just take bus back to resort. if your staying off property just make sure you leave the park early enough to get back to your car before that park closes if your worried about the walk. 14 more days till we are back in the world i can hardly wait.:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Chape19714

Transportation from Park to park runs 1.5 hours after the latest park closing. Trams do stop according to the individual park. So say Epcot closed at 9 and you need to get to MGM, busses will still be running, as well as the water taxis. The same goes for all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom