Bus stop arrival time screens

JTT

Original Poster
Are the Bus stop arrival time screens at all deluxe resort?

I'm looking into Saratoga Springs and want to know if they have the Bus stop arrival time screens.

Does the My Disney Experience App or another App have the Bus stop arrival time?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I'm not sure I understand are the arrival time screens at the bus stops or in the hotel lobby?
The arrival screens are at the bus stop (or stops if there is more than one) of each resort. Unfortunately, there are no screens at the bus stops in the parks (where you wait to return to your resort.)

jpittore1

I believe they are at the Disney Vacation Club locations only. AKL & KV has had one for around 4-5 years now and I was told DVC paid. They are only at the bus stops. Poly & Boardwalk have them , too, during our visits.

hanwill

I was at the French Quarter last week...They have them there. At the bus stop, so you can see when the next bus is coming for where you want to go...

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I believe they are at the Disney Vacation Club locations only. AKL & KV has had one for around 4-5 years now and I was told DVC paid. They are only at the bus stops. Poly & Boardwalk have them , too, during our visits.
This is incorrect. All resorts have the arrival screens.

JTT

Original Poster
Does anyone know about the app or a web site that would have this?

We are so spoiled with our phones and the internet. ;)

anchorman314

Are monitors really needed at the parks, though? When you're at a resort bus stop, there are buses coming for any of the 5 (or more?) destinations. So knowing which bus is (supposed to be) next helps guests with keeping the waiting areas somewhat orderly. (Knowing that MK is the next bus should keep guests headed to other parks from crowding at the front of a stop.) But when you're in the corrals waiting to return, you already know which bus is next. I don't see how knowing that the next bus will be in 15 minutes will make my wait any easier or more enjoyable.

Herdman

Wow, I didn't know they had this now. Our last visit was in 2013. What would be cool is if each resort could broadcast the arrival times on the resort info channel on each room TV (assuming they still have this). That way you could see if you needed to rush for the next bus or you could take your time if you just missed one. Even this is good and takes a little of the "I wonder when" as you arrive at your bus stop.

JIMINYCR

Are monitors really needed at the parks, though? I don't see how knowing that the next bus will be in 15 minutes will make my wait any easier or more enjoyable.

I hate standing at the park bus stop waiting for MY resort bus, watching 3 buses come in a row for another resort and mine still isnt showing up. At least if there was a time on a monitor, I'd be clued in as to when MINE is expected to show up. It does make a difference to me. I'd be less frustrated knowing its going to be a certain amount of minutes wait than being frustrated, asking myself.. WHEN the heck is this bus coming????

Weather_Lady

I hate standing at the park bus stop waiting for MY resort bus, watching 3 buses come in a row for another resort and mine still isnt showing up. At least if there was a time on a monitor, I'd be clued in as to when MINE is expected to show up. It does make a difference to me. I'd be less frustrated knowing its going to be a certain amount of minutes wait than being frustrated, asking myself.. WHEN the heck is this bus coming????

I agree. We've all had those experiences where you wait an hour or more for a bus to/from a park. Once you know that that is a possibility (even if it's rare), every wait for a bus leads to stress-filled wondering about whether this is going to be one of those times - especially if you're trying to make it to an ADR or some other scheduled event. It's not the waiting itself that is stressful - it's the "not knowing," and wait time screens at every depot can do a lot to make the wait more relaxing and reassure guests that their ride is on the way.

Last edited:

HurricaneHanna

I agree. I'd find the monitors useful on the park end. Quite often we'll be waiting for the bus to our resort and then a bus will come for a different resort within walking distance so we'll get out of our line and switch, but that's always a guessing game. For example if we're staying at Yacht Club and the bus comes for Swan and Dolphin we'll switch buses and walk to YC from the Dolphin. If there was a monitor we'd know whether or not the switch was a good decision because we'd know if the YC bus is a minute or two away, or another 15. We'd rather walk than wait but at the end of the night the direct route would be best.

Cowboy Steve

Wow, I didn't know they had this now. Our last visit was in 2013. What would be cool is if each resort could broadcast the arrival times on the resort info channel on each room TV (assuming they still have this). That way you could see if you needed to rush for the next bus or you could take your time if you just missed one. Even this is good and takes a little of the "I wonder when" as you arrive at your bus stop.
Our last visit was 2014... and they didn't have them then. Looking forward to this little gem. Seems every morning someone forgets something in the room lol! Now we will be able to gauge whether we have time to run back to the room

Tavernacle12

Are the Bus stop arrival time screens at all deluxe resort?

I'm looking into Saratoga Springs and want to know if they have the Bus stop arrival time screens.

Does the My Disney Experience App or another App have the Bus stop arrival time?

The app is presumably the next step, the resort ones are fairly new and still have a couple glitches. My understanding is they want to ensure the app can be 100% accurate before they roll out that sort of functionality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom