Bus Service to Magic Kingdom

jtwdw

We will be staying on site for the first time at POR for our trip next week and I have a couple of questions regarding the bus service to the Magic Kingdom:

Do the buses drop you off directly at the Magic Kingdom gate or do you still have to catch the Monorail or Boat from the TTC?

Do they pick up from the Magic Kingdom at the same place they drop you off?

I have seen conflicting information in a couple of guide books I have and a few websites. I would appreciate any input. Thanks.

jcs80

All resort buses drop you off at an area outside the main entrance, near the boat landing. Only a couple of minutes walk to the gates. As you exit MK, this area is to your left. Bus drop off and pick up is at the same location, and each resort has its own bus slips. They are well marked and easy to find.

Upvote 0

TIGGER-FAN

Rest assured, the buses will drop you off within a short walk to the MK's gates. There will be no need to catch a monorail or ferry. Yes the bus will pick up at the same stop for the return trip to POR. Have a fun trip.

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

BUS TO MK

You should have no problem getting to mk or any of the other parks for that matter when you get your bus from the resort to any of the parks in disney.. all the resorts have their own bus stops that drop you off which is very close to the entrance.....we have stayed at por 6 times so far ...couple of years ago when it was dixie landings and they merged port orleans and dixie resorts the buses took a little longer to get to and from the resorts and parks but last year we went it was all resolved........when they merged the two resorts into one they did'nt necessarly merge the resorts they are still in two different locations but one is por and one is po french quarter....but when they merge the two at first they only had one bus stop for basically two resorts it was'nt o bad the day, but at night leaving from paraded or fireworks.........it was terrible....but they got that all under contrl last year.......over all i think you love por........sorry if i rambled on......i just love that resort........
it will always be Dixie Landings to me:sohappy:

Upvote 0

jtwdw

Original Poster
Thanks for the information. I'm glad to know we don't have to allow extra time for catching the monorail / ferry to get to/from MK.

Since the French Quarter portion of PO is closed for renovation, that should also help with the bus situation (unless they reduce the number of buses!).

Upvote 0

Invero

Buses run from the South Depot at Port Orleans Riverside every 15 minutes to all four theme parks plus Downtown Disney. Theme park buses start running one hour prior to park opening. Buses travelling to the MK drop off at the main entrance turnstile area. Travel time to the MK turnstiles is approx 12 minutes.

Upvote 0

jtwdw

Original Poster
We requested Magnolia Terrace near the East Depot. Do they pick up at all stops every 15 minutes or just the South Depot? If not, how often do they serve the other stops at POR?

Upvote 0

jaimjaim25

I just stayed at PO last week. There is one bus stop and it goes directly to the MK and EPCOT...etc... Now if you stay other places, like Wilderness Lodge, the busses make plenty of stops to pick up people from other hotels. Actually, I remember back in the day, the bus transportation being quicker than it is now.. OH WELL...

Upvote 0

Invero

Originally posted by jaimjaim25
I just stayed at PO last week. There is one bus stop and it goes directly to the MK and EPCOT...etc... Now if you stay other places, like Wilderness Lodge, the busses make plenty of stops to pick up people from other hotels. Actually, I remember back in the day, the bus transportation being quicker than it is now.. OH WELL...

There is only one stop at Port Orleans because most of the resort is under renovation. When the resort is open full swing, there are 5 bus stops.

From the Wilderness Lodge, the bus only makes one other stop... At either Fort Wilderness or Grand Floridian, depending on the time of day. Either way, it's on the way, and does not add a significant amount of time to the travel.

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

buses

yes jaimjaim25 , i remember when my husband and i took our honeymoon in disney in 96' the buses were coming every 5 minutes it seemed...........now well it's more like every 15 20 which yes i know is'nt bad bad boy you do get spoiled......oh well going back in 92 days..........wooooohooooo. last year when we went po was under renovations right before opur trip then was back to the norm when we got there.......we always stay at por .....
it'll always be Dixie Landings to me........:animwink:

Upvote 0

LivefortheMouse

I just stayed at that resort Last summer to me its the best of all the moderates (Ive stayed in all the moderates). One of the days we were there the magic Kingdom bus took alittle longer than usual, because it was raining. but the bus takes u directly to the park u dont need to use the monorail or any thing. The bus can take anywhere between 5 to 15 min but if it takes to look nicely give ur complaint and trust me the next day the busses will get there so fast you will forget bout the wait the day before. I dont recommend taking ur car u take just as long and have to pay 6 or 7 dollars and when the park closes it can take a while to get back to ur car a long while. Have fun uve picked the best moderate resort.:animwink:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom