Bus Service @ POR?

phantomrhiannon

I'm planning a WDW trip for late August 2011. (squeee!!) We've decided on the Port Orleans, but are debating Riverside vs. FQ. I've stayed at both before (FQ is my personal favorite), but I'm looking for some up-to-date info on the bus service before we make a final decision. If anyone out there has stayed at either POR resort in the past few months, I'd appreciate your help with the questions below!

1. According to my sister, a Riverside fan who stayed there in Sept, Riverside and FQ now have separate bus routes for everywhere except DHS. This would tickle me pink, but I haven't been able to confirm it online or in any guidebooks. Is it true? There's no way I'm giving up the FQ if it is!

2. If #1 isn't true, I'll probably cave, and I'll need the scoop on the bus stops at Riverside. When I was there before, I always used the main depot, so I didn't think much about the others. Do the buses stop at all four depots consistently? I'm not as concerned with getting a seat as I am with actually getting on the bus to begin with, and having the shortest commute time possible to the parks.

Thanks in advance for your help!

DisneyJoe

Do the buses stop at all four depots consistently? I'm not as concerned with getting a seat as I am with actually getting on the bus to begin with, and having the shortest commute time possible to the parks.

The only reason a bus would not stop at one of the four depots on the loop is if it was completely full and couldn't take any more passengers.

Upvote 0

diddy_mouse

I just got back from a weekend stay at Riverside and didn't have any trouble with buses. The only time we had to really wait for one was when we went to MK on Saturday night.

As far as separate service for POFQ and POR, the MK is the only park I know of right off the bat that has split service. Everywhere else we went stoped at POFQ first then POR.

We used the South Depot (near the lobby) when we were there so I couldn't tell you if the bus hit the other stops but I remember one night the bus driver asked the passengers which stop they were getting off on, just in case there was one he could skip.

All in all I can't complain about the bus service. I've stayed at POFQ before and we didn't have problems their either.

Hope that helps! :wave:

Upvote 0

Mouse Man

We stayed at PORS this past September for 10 days and did not have any issues with transportaion. We used the North Depot and the busses were stopping very consistantly. The longest bus wait was 15 minutes for Typhoon Lagoon

Upvote 0

LeafsFanNL

90% of the time they are okay. They are definitely better than WL.

It's funny how ones personal experiences determine such opinions. On our last trip to the world last April we stayed at WL and found the bus service fantastic. Buses were frequent, and the stop at FW or GF didn't bother us at all. Bus to MK was fantastic, and being so close to the transfer hub at MK,(which is the best) was great.

Upvote 0

ml123_9

I've stayed at POR the last two years and have no issues with the bus service. The only time we stopped at all the depots was when there was space available. Typically not with the Magic Kingdom bus. That one fills up pretty quick in the early a.m. We missed the first Magic Kingdom bus due to capacity and another was there within 5-10minutes. We also always use the main depot, I believe it's the South depot. I don't recall POR and POFQ sharing busses but maybe once or twice and I believe that was for DHS. Going back to the resort in the evening, POR and POFQ had separate busses. Either way you decide, you should have very good bus service. Have fun

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom